Removal of Loose Quattro Badge on Passenger Side Dashboard

Leetay71

Reaction score
Morning All

I sent my 22 plate RS5 in to Audi for a couple of warranty bits (Stockport Audi - Hideous dealership AVOID)

One of these items was the loose Quattro badge on the dashboard, after having a look, they said that this may not be covered under warranty as trims are not covered on cars older than 6 months, and they wanted £180 to investigate it!! to which I told them to swivel.

I have ordered a badge at the price of £14, and wondered if it's easy to remove? Has anybody got any experience of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• be3c8e59fd4849aa800fa0a12969cb38.jpg
    be3c8e59fd4849aa800fa0a12969cb38.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 86
Urm that a bit rubbish tbh as how is a trim not covered by warranty on a 2022 car, I would argue that as it's not like you've damaged it to cause looseness, probably been like that since factory, that's just silly, it's carbon by looks of it, so be careful you don't damage as that's allot of money to replace.

Challenge them.

Morning All

I sent my 22 plate RS5 in to Audi for a couple of warranty bits (Stockport Audi - Hideous dealership AVOID)

One of these items was the loose Quattro badge on the dashboard, after having a look, they said that this may not be covered under warranty as trims are not covered on cars older than 6 months, and they wanted £180 to investigate it!! to which I told them to swivel.

I have ordered a badge at the price of £14, and wondered if it's easy to remove? Has anybody got any experience of doing this?

Thanks in advance
Farnborough Audi fixed a rattling from my door trim under warranty. Turned out a clip inside the door had broken and was sliding about.

I’d say push back as that’s pretty ****** to deny

if you do decide to fix it yourself then at a guess it is like all the trim on the audi's I trimmed mine is carbon fibre vinyl a while back and once you have removed the trim itself, on the back you will see the lugs of the quattro badge are hot gunned . so carefully pry the glue aside until you can pop the old one out and then pop in the new one and then with a heat gun or the tip of a soldering iron just heat it close again. Or second option, once you have the trim off, see if you can fix the existging one back using the methoid above and then send the £14 one back. easy win