High pitched electrical sound

Jason1987

Reaction score
I’ve noticed when it’s quiet I can hear my car makes a slight high pitched electrical type sound (when idle or driving). Is this normal and just the mmi running or something?

Last edited:
I’ve noticed when it’s quiet I can hear my car makes a slight high pitched electrical type sound (when idle or driving). Is this normal and just the mmi running or something?
If it’s a sound that keeps going after you switch the car off, then I think it’s the cooling system for the LED headlights.

If it’s a sound that occurs on braking, acceleration or when the engine cycles off/on: then it’s the hybrid motor/generator.

If it’s neither of those, then its new to me.

I think it must be the start generator sound, if it's related to situations where you start moving after stops or accelerating from very slow speeds. Or if you are stationary, the engine is off and the car needs it for example keeping the temperature up.

Ok so it's not a "beep" like sound, but continuous? I'd ask that from the dealer.

I was listening to it again tonight and still does it after an hours drive and does it in park. I can’t pin point where the sound is coming from though.