Rear view camera retrofit

Herc88

Reaction score
Hello i just buy an 2020 avant a6 c8 40tdi and it doesn't have rearview camera only front and back parking sensors. Is there any guide how to install it, and can i activate with OBDeleven? I saw some retrofit solution's from kufatec.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Here in the UK the rear camera is standard (has been from launch of C8) and most on here are in the UK so unlikely there will be much experience of doing the retrofit. Kufatec will supply all the parts, including a dongle to do the do the coding, and instructions so that would be the "easy" option. If you are looking to buy the camera unit and then do the installation and coding that will be more difficult and the biggest challenge will probably be the wiring between the camera, the control unit and the screen

Thanks for the fast reply thats i was thinking buy the kit from kufatec install it and go to audi dealer to activate with activation Document. It costs me about 400euro here in Germany, installation
i can do it alone . The only strange is why this car doesn't have camera...
The only that im thinking is because on convid time 2020 the supply chain had a lot of delivery problems.
One more thing is that car doesn't have Dab+ radio...

Thanks for the fast reply thats i was thinking buy the kit from kufatec install it and go to audi dealer to activate with activation Document. It costs me about 400euro here in Germany, installation
i can do it alone . The only strange is why this car doesn't have camera...
The only that im thinking is because on convid time 2020 the supply chain had a lot of delivery problems.
One more thing is that car doesn't have Dab+ radio...

If you buy the kit from Kufatec it will include the dongle to activate so no need to visit the dealer. You would need to speak to a dealer and check brochures at the time the car was originally sold as to why certain. May be of course the OP agreed to and received discount for certain features to not be included due to supply issues, but that has been ignored by whoever sold you the car. That said my 2021 car (built March 221) has no features missing.