Help Please Water leak front passenger side

bhodgkiss

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a water leak in the front passenger footwell of my 2008 B8 3.0tdi avant

It doesn’t seem to be from the door seal or door card, or the fan area under the bonnet (the cover seems to be keeping it all dry)

I don’t believe it should be the seal on the front windscreen glass, this was changed maybe a year ago

Any thoughts please? Where are the common leaks? It’s been bone dry until now !

Otherwise I’ll remove carpet and get the hose out!

Many thanks

Panoramic roof drain tubes most likely leaking and running down the a pillar

Ah yes I do - and when I bought car 3 years back I took the headlining down and sealed the tube as passenger front was leaking! Possibly sprung a leak again
Draining fine so will take a look over the weekend
Many thanks

Read this: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/382235/

I would also upgrade to Sikaflex 292i in white (not cheap at £35), but does the job, and importantly - apply with spatula so it's forced into cassette recess holes (this is on the reverse of the cassette under the headliner). In my experience trying to fix with sunroof open from the outside in the drain channels is nigh impossible. On the pipe where it connects (corner of the cassette) - use sealant and smear with your finger to overlap, but you may find that's not your problem and water is entering elsewhere. You can use aluminium foil to separate the Sikaflex patch from the headliner, just in case you need to repair again.

Use nitrile gloves, seal the sealant tube after opening and clean the nozzle with white spirits. Why white? The black product seems to get everywhere and on a clean interior will be like the bed sheet scene from Trainspotting! :thumbs up: