Can i put facelifted lights switch with "auto" on a car that doesn't have auto function

lizart95

Reaction score
The question is in the title .The car has the halogen lights with the standard light switch can put the new one and will it work

the new one
audi-a3-8p-headlight-switch-control-unit-lhd-423941531b5pr-new-genuine-173181613.jpg

old one
64233(1).jpg

Last edited:
Well no that won't fit as it's for the wrong car anyway let alone position issues of auto, it obviously won't work correctly anyway without auto lights system fitted.

It was the whole unit with facia and all but it was sold as i was writing this.The auto function and the coming leaving home was the only visual difference and the chrome on the switch itself.

Last edited:
You'll lose headlight level control icon & lights will work but maybe not as it displays on the switch, upto you.

If it has an extra 2 pin connector at rear then it won't work as that for facelift cars.

This looks like a blank so i can put my knobs for the headlight levels on this.I will look for one since this one was sold very quick .Will see what will happen