your input please...

northpole

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

what do we think? it's an aftermarket b7 rs4 look bumper but it misses the side vents...

Needs the rings tbh, imho, bumper looks sound.

Reactions: northpole
Yeah I agree but it does come with all the grilles it's not cheap though

none of them are cheap these days, one of the best B7 rs4 style aftermarket bumpers is close to £1k with fittings, and that is before painting, but , you do get what you pay for with regards to fit, better ones fit spot on , many dont.

I think @swisstony has the one you have shown on his B7 A4, it was on the car when he purchased it but may confirm more about what they are like.

will see what his opinion is... from other pictures i've seen this is a perfect fit

A few chaps on the B7 forum have this is or a very similar one fitted.
They are not the best fit and do require a lot of fettling to get right, also they use a non s-line grille so a genuine rs4 grille wont fit .

A very personal choice really, a marmite situation, for me they are not in keeping with the B7 shape, fine if it's for a B8 or beyond but just too angular and boxy in my opinion, but hey personal choice really.

Also not really an rs4 style bumper, well not a B7 rs4 that is.
The B7 is very rounded with smooth lines, all those shouty aggressive air intakes just look out of place.

just my input

This is probably one of the best aftermarket B7 RS4 type bumpers out there, fits straight onto A4 variants without issues and looks OEM , well if you desire that OEM look .:icon thumright:
Full option of PDC and headlamp wash etc.

Last edited:
Yeah I have that one saved lol but I ran into that picture than started digging and it's different sporty but something looked a bit off... you just pointed it out.

I haven't picked a favourite look yet between the 2... need more pictures to look at... it has no priority at all... I might not even mess with the oem S-line look at all.

This is the hofele item and as close as fitting an oem RS4 b7 bumper as you can get.

colour makes a big difference too.

The downside is you need an RS4 grille and foglamp cover etc, they can be purchased with the bumper but they will be at a premium price.

For me its the perfect balance, but then i'm a bit biased anyway..lol

Last edited:
The price of a complete hoffelle with grills etc is a killer... maybe if I find a dtm front bumper I might just go for that... but for now.... s-line is good enough.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
they are a tad costly if you need all the bits, but that said a good a dtm bumper complete , if you can find one, can cost you shed loads too, been there myself.

Audi ownership, just lock up you wallet chap.

lol sounds like it'll stay s-line because: fwd non turbo 2.0 fsi... Seat LCR lip and a set of front lowering springs to bring some rake will add a more sportier look to it.. should be more than sufficient ;)

Reactions: Gmac
I think the only thing to change on the s-line front bumper is the grill, I’m going to change to rs4 style hex when i get round to it. I think I’ll try and get a surround from a breakers yard and then go for the c6 a6 hex style ones you can get off eBay and then get cutting and glueing. Will then change out the fog surrounds for the hex style ones too.

I think the only thing to change on the s-line front bumper is the grill, I’m going to change to rs4 style hex when i get round to it. I think I’ll try and get a surround from a breakers yard and then go for the c6 a6 hex style ones you can get off eBay and then get cutting and glueing. Will then change out the fog surrounds for the hex style ones too.
Looked into that and i don't like that look as the grill screams power yet the bumper is to smooth and slick... aka it's just not right for me.

Ps S-line and S4 bumpers only take the rs4 honeycomb grill because the grill is deeper than the non s-line and Dtm bumper...

The variation comes with the B7 cabs .
The pre-facelift cabs with the S-line option have the non s-line bumper, whereas the facelift B7 cabs were fitted with S-line bumper as fitted to the saloon and Avant.
Just to throw that into the mix.

Last edited:
sorry I am late to the party but as rob mentioned mine was already fitted to the car when I bought it. It seems to be a mix between the S line and RS4 version ( ie fog areas) but without the normal rs4 side vents and obviously the overal shape is to the s line instead of the rs4 which is wider at the front arches. I have replaced the front grille as the previous version was broken. You will also notice that I have fitted a TRC RS4 front lip which whilst not a direct fit, with a bit of fettling and some out of the box thinking, managed to make it work. I have posted pictures up that may help

IMG 0612

The car when I bought it, no front splitter at this point

IMG 0918

now with splitter

and below are some of the whole bumper off getting fixed with the new grill

IMG 1018
IMG 1355

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
Mate thanks for putting those pictures up.... now seeing it in black it gives me an even better look at it... and to be fair... although it looks good it's a bit off it's the sharp lines that make it standout a bit to much... nope mine will stay oem S-line, I'll just add the LCR front lip and 20mm lowering in the front. I don't even want the honeycomb grills on the S-line bumper as it looks out of place.

Although the TRS front lip kinda softens the aggressiveness a bit...

Ps Mine is FWD so no problem with running rake ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: swisstony and Charlie Farley
And @swisstony, that super organised drill rack and organised clamps on the wall, its just too tidy chap.lol :icon thumright:

And @swisstony, that super organised drill rack and organised clamps on the wall, its just too tidy chap.lol :icon thumright:
Trust you to notice :)
Built the workshop from scratch in lockdown and it is my own little haven for doing my woodworking. I like to keep it organised :)

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
Good stuff chap, might have just what you need to finish things off. :icon thumright: