For Sale Audi S4 Avant B8 - Manual - Spares or Repair

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm looking to sell my red S4 Avant B8 for spares or repair. I had some engine issues and looks like it needs a new engine.

The car is in good condition except the engine, and the front wings have a bit of rust. Eurocarparts sell the wings for about £45 each. I would have replaced these if the car was running.

Long story but one of the supercharger coolers popped, engine locked up and had to get towed home. I got the coolant out of the cylinders and the car started and all seemed normal but kept it off the road. I ordered 2 new charge coolers (which took 3 months to arrive) and changed them. Did an oil and coolant change and took it for a very gentle run of about 20 miles (after letting it idle for about 30 minutes) almost got home and a loud ticking started, 1 mile later (low revs) the engine cut out and oil over the road. I haven't had time to find the cause but I'm sure a new engine is the easiest option.

It's a manual gearbox (which is rare), 19" OEM wheels with 4 very good tyres. Full black leather interior plus all the usual upgrades (heated seats all round, lighting package etc). I've owned it for 5 years and has been well maintained, unfortunately I couldn't have foreseen a failed charge cooler.

I'm open to offers and would also consider buying an engine and swapping.

I'm located near Aberdeen.

Cheers

Hi pal, sorry to hear about your woes. What a nightmare. I suspect you might have to name a price on this forum.

Where about in the Shire are you? Will it drive onto a trailer?

Age? Colour? Mileage? Spec? Pictures?
You will need to provide far more info and an indication of the price you are looking for.

Hi Sidrick.

I wasn't sure what price to put down. A running S4 in similar condition on auto trader would be about £9k. Being a manual it's rarer and took me a year to find one (in Scotland).

A rough guide online for an engine is up to £4k.

I think £3500 would be fair for someone who can swap the engine or rebuild.

I'm located near Portlethen.

It won't drive but could be rolled on to a trailer.

Reactions: Sidrick
I can't find the edit button for the original post so details are here:

120k miles
6 Speed Manual Gearbox
Brilliant Red
Silk Nappa black leather S Sports seats, heated front and rear.
All interior lining is black
19" 7-arm double spoke wheels
Bang & Olufsen 10 speaker sound system - Symphony radio with 6 disc CD changer
Cruise control and parking system
Automatic antiglare mirrors
E-brake
Interior lighting pack
Folding wing mirrors.
Plus all the other high spec Audi S fixtures and fittings.

Mechanically it's sound, I replaced all the fluids about 3k miles ago (gearbox, rear diff, supercharger, engine etc).

I'll post pictures once the weathers better, the rain has been non stop here for weeks.