Michelin Pilot Sport 5

Matt275

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 56 plate B7 170 BRD S Line is now running Michelin Pilot Sport 5 all round.
I put new fronts on recently, and two rears tonight, very good price delivered from Camskill - plus super quick delivery.
I've set them all to 35 psi, and I think they are a brilliant tyre.
Is anyone else running these? 235 40 R18

Reactions: Charlie Farley
My old bus used to run 235/40 18's as factory fitment and worked very well, its a standard B7 option with s-line .

Hi all,

I put new fronts on recently, and two rears tonight, very good price delivered from Camskill - plus super quick delivery.

Would be interested in your thoughts on the PS5s - perhaps long term review. I was extremely disappointed with PS4S’ on my S4 (225/35 19s) and A3 (225/40 18s) and I’d never buy them again. Extremely noisy, and uncomfortable ride compared to PS4s I had before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley and Matt275
I must now be about 4k or so miles into my PS 5 tyres all round.
I can honestly say I am very happy with them. Not too noisy and insanely good in the wet as well as dry - although I'm generally no hoonigan as such.

I did (as I expected) experience an element of steering vagueness when I first put the fronts on, but as I suspected, that would've been the tread blocks being at full depth and flexing somewhat. After approx 800 - 1k miles, that went away, and the steering is plenty sharp enough.

They are all wearing evenly, inspire confidence and are good for braking wet or dry. They may get noisier as they wear down more, but are comfortable enough for me and are set to 35psi front and rear.

My only experience with PS4 was when I got the car it them all round. However, the treads were only about 3mm at best all round, so got rid pretty quickly.
However, nothing bad to report on PS4 either.

Will I get PS 5 again?
Yes.

Reactions: V6_Man and Charlie Farley
I feel some vibration after changing to PS5, could it be it's sporty tires?

Kodi

Hi all,

I've always used 235/40/R18 Pilot Sport 4s; it appears these are the replacement, for better for wear, which was not the 4's strongest feature (the cross climates I tried last winter even worse). I've personally always found them quiet too. These 5's should be good and they are cheaper too. Michelin's have always been my first choice and I'll most likely give these a whirl next.

Reactions: Charlie Farley