New to Forum - new to me avant

57Avant

Reaction score
Morning all! I'm new to the forum, have recently bought another Audi, although I have had Audis for the past 17 years. First a TDi SE A2 followed by a last of line series 2 S Line TDi TT which we had from new and still have. I recently decided I needed an old nail of an estate to use whist I restore my T4 van. Budget secure and the search was on, but everything I considered was just dull. Then the "an old Audi would do" idea hit and things took a turn. The more I searched, the more I wanted and the budget increased. After a good talking to myself I wound in my wish list and made my choice.

I bought an '07 B7 A4 Avant - 2.0T S.E. S Line ( non Quattro )

The b7 was always a favourite with me, style wish and the avant meant my pups would still have suitable transportation when needed. The 2.0T S.E. S Line ( from what I have been able research from the tinterweb ) has the 220 p.s. BUL engine, blacked out external brightwork, 18" Le Mans alloys, full leather seats and Alcantera to the handbrake and steering wheel. On top of this the usual S Line options could be applied, most of which mine failed to gain.

Absolutely love the thing. Spending more and more of the vans budget on " just tidying it up a bit - (new set of Bridgestones all round yesterday) ", its fast becoming more of amother project than the working hack it should have been.

I have searched the usual " trouble with BUL engine" posts and have just a few small questions

Mine being an '07 car, would it have the updated balance shafts, thus reducing/removing that problem?

Timing gears on the back of the head, can these be done in the car or is it a move/remove engine job?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5522.jpeg
    IMG_5522.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 87
  • Love
Reactions: Charlie Farley
:welcome!:
welcome indeedy.
Youl find everything Audi and more related on ASN so take so time to check out things

You'll probably do well by looking into the B7 forum as you will find like-minded souls such as yourself there, all willing to assist where possible.

Great car too, you have choosen well.:yahoo:

enjoy.
Rob

Reactions: 57Avant
:welcome!:
welcome indeedy.
Youl find everything Audi and more related on ASN so take so time to check out things

You'll probably do well by looking into the B7 forum as you will find like-minded souls such as yourself there, all willing to assist where possible.

Great car too, you have choosen well.:yahoo:

enjoy.
Rob
Thank you, was just in the B7 Forum reading your PCV delete post.
interesting stuff! One of the previous owners of my car was. Cosworth engineer and had the car in work to give it a full decoke. Whilst I was pleased to hear it had been done, I always wondered why. Now I have a good idea
cheers

interesting stuff! One of the previous owners of my car was. Cosworth engineer and had the car in work to give it a full decoke. Whilst I was pleased to hear it had been done, I always wondered why. Now I have a good idea
cheers
I'd be keen on the B7 meet too!

Yep, the more the merrier. :yahoo:

Probably better to make a new thread in the B7 forum and other B7 chaps can reply with answers.:icon thumright:

cheers
the FSI engines are prone to carbon buildup for several reasons, the design of the fuel injection is one.