S4 blades- fitting

swisstony

Reaction score
so the car had S4 blades when I bought it but noticed a few days ago the drivers side rear was flapping a bit when washing the car. So took it off to discover it was only held on by a wing and a prayer..They are are really odd on the fitting as they seem to be held by clips (ish) at the top and then three glue points at the bottom. Tried gluing it myself and that didnt last long. Assume it is a door card off jobby and then get behind to where the bracket is and then take that off and try and bond the blade to the bracket ?
any help would be appreciated,as car is looking a bit sad with the blade missing

OEM ones attach to the door and secured at both end by a screw, no need to glue unless its been botched before.

i'll put up some pics during lunchtime.

OEM ones attach to the door and secured at both end by a screw, no need to glue unless its been botched before.

i'll put up some pics during lunchtime.
ah now you have got me thinking that maybe they are aftermarket..mmm I will pop outside and grab the one that is off and look for any signs to which one it is
It seems to be in two parts though, one part is firmly fixed to the car and the other is the bevelled blade that sits proud. It is that fixing between the two parts that seems to be the issue.

Right think they are oem
As has a part number
IMG 3838

All the door blades whether it be s-line or s4 , if oem, fit the same way.
There are several slide on locating lugs on the door which the blades slide onto, then a screw secures at both ends from just inside the door.

What happens is that the slide recess on the blades which are plastic break so ends up being stuck on, or the lugs on the door get damage with the same end result.
It's not ideal to glue them on if a proper fix is not possible provided the screws at each end are there to keep it attached to the door.

the blades are several pieces that form each single blade inc a metal strip, water can find its way between the blade and door skin and corrosion takes hold, in turn the strip expands and it goes a bit tits up.
IMG 0863
IMG 0913

fronts seem to be affected more than rears for some reason.

I managed to repair one of mine by striping it down and using a spare s-line blade for the guide plate and metal strip.

Thanks rob but looking at mine the unit that fits on the door is ok
I can see the two little screws holding it in place , it’s the outer plastic bit that has come off . Think may need to work out how to secure it to the door part

Rear should have this fitment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg