VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
I cannot find anything recent on this subject for the 8V S3

My current set up is:
  • VW GTI Clubsport S discs
  • Ferrodo DS2500 pads

Been great on my car day to day but one track day and my brakes are ****** - need replaced anyway

I will entertain a BBK but not in the position to spend £2-3k on a set which is why I am thinking of two options, well 3 maybe:
  • Stock calliper with better disc/pad combo than what I have
  • RS/S upgrade but what?
  • Second hand BBK
What are your suggestions or opinions?

I am lead to believe the RS3 set up is not a direct fit? but the TTRS is with a certain disc? Or vice versa. Of all the things I have done to cars over the years, brakes is not one I have gone deep into

Appreciate all the help - thanks

If you ****** the brakes maybe look into cooling. Read somewhere ages ago about the brakes ducts that fit the 8v. Think they were from an rs3.
A different brake fluid and higher temp pads, ds3000?, might help and cheaper than bbk.

If you ****** the brakes maybe look into cooling. Read somewhere ages ago about the brakes ducts that fit the 8v. Think they were from an rs3.
A different brake fluid and higher temp pads, ds3000?, might help and cheaper than bbk.

Yeah mate I have the RS3 ducts there already :laugh:

I am happy to go with a set of brakes that keep my OEM callipers so do I go for another set of Clubsport S discs and the DS3000 as you say?

Or these were suggested:

Ebc pads are worth a shot and not really that expensive compared to bbk.
My last car that I tracked was great with the ds2500 but I maybe tracked once or twice a year and the rest was as my daily. Some of the track pads takes some heat before they are at their best so may not be good for normal daily use. They can be quite hard on the discs too so extra wear.
It’s how you use your car I suppose.
I’m running ebc yellow on a mini with the intentions of tracking it and they are pretty good on the road. Not sure if they will hold up on track but mini is a good bit lighter than the s3 so brakes don’t take as hard a beating.

Reactions: Boydie
I think I will be going for a similar set up as before but this time with better brake fluid and lines

I can swap out the pads for track ones as and when the events come up

Cannot yet justify spending £2k on a set of brakes

Reactions: AlS3BE
Hello Boydie.

Recently put MTEC discs on the S3. Drilled , slotted and vented. Only use the S3 on the road, so only put Mintex pads on.

No joking the stopping performance is incredible, no fade and no snatchy biting of the pads under hard braking.

I paid £320 for all 4 corners. Check out their website below. They sell various combinations of Discs and Pads, including EBC and Brembo. Good prices and great service. Can’t recommend them enough.

Reactions: Boydie
Definitely worth a look mate . Have to say , the drillled slotted discs don’t half look good behind the wheels
304fbc13acd34989b87325b6b152393e.jpg

I cannot find anything recent on this subject for the 8V S3

My current set up is:
  • VW GTI Clubsport S discs
  • Ferrodo DS2500 pads

Been great on my car day to day but one track day and my brakes are ****** - need replaced anyway

View attachment 271821

I will entertain a BBK but not in the position to spend £2-3k on a set which is why I am thinking of two options, well 3 maybe:
  • Stock calliper with better disc/pad combo than what I have
  • RS/S upgrade but what?
  • Second hand BBK
What are your suggestions or opinions?

I am lead to believe the RS3 set up is not a direct fit? but the TTRS is with a certain disc? Or vice versa. Of all the things I have done to cars over the years, brakes is not one I have gone deep into

Appreciate all the help - thanks
MTEC 'drilled' here Boydie:
8J TTS with MTEC drilled front and rear with Ferodo Eco-Friction pads
8P RS3 with 'drilled' OEM fronts and 'drilled' MTEC rears with Ferodo Eco-Friction pads and NO inner dirt shield, as said before...
8R SQ5 with MTEC drilled front and rear and, wait for it - Ferodo Eco-Friction pads

Stopper beasties

SQ5 MTEC Fronts

SQ5 MTEC Rears

C'mon Boydie, why would YOU not! And do NOT go to the 'ususal!' tsk!

MTEC Brakes, Unit 5, 2 Keans Hill Road, Campsie, Derry City, Northern Ireland!

Last edited:
Reactions: Boydie and Scotty75
Pretty sure RS3 8V brakes will not fit my car without spacers which I cannot use due to the offset of my OEM wheels and lowering however, I have been told 8P RS3 "should" fit as they are 2mm narrower

They are also on the current Cupra's as far as I know and possibly the same as the Aston Martin DB9

Anyone done this?