Selling a remapped S3 to Motorway

Black67S38v

Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my 2016 S3 to Motorway. When I say in the process I mean they have made me an offer from one if their partnered dealers.
However I didn't declare the car has been remapped. Its pretty much stock apart from that.
I'm now unsure what to do regarding the sale. Do I play dumb if I'm asked or do I come clean and risk the sale falling through? Is an indie dealer likely to check a 2016 car's ECU before selling it on?

Reactions: northpole
The answer is no they don't care, unless you can provide proof of said remap and the tune you do not have to mention it. They'll find out anyway once they drive it, and the sale will not fall through period end of story...

Unlikely they will check. Even dealers don’t check as they need to spend time connecting the car up to the mothership. If there’s not a need to spend time and money on a car they don’t. Quick wash and on the forecourt. Dealers are crooks anyway :wink:

Moral side says you should declare it as normally a modified car might fetch less money.
Naughty side of me says play dumb and sell it. Like any second hand cars it’s buyer beware.

The answer is no they don't care, unless you can provide proof of said remap and the tune you do not have to mention it. They'll find out anyway once they drive it, and the sale will not fall through period end of story...
That's what I was thinking. If they've driven the same car before but stock then drive mine they'll be able to tell its quicker.

Unlikely they will check. Even dealers don’t check as they need to spend time connecting the car up to the mothership. If there’s not a need to spend time and money on a car they don’t. Quick wash and on the forecourt. Dealers are crooks anyway :wink:

Moral side says you should declare it as normally a modified car might fetch less money.
Naughty side of me says play dumb and sell it. Like any second hand cars it’s buyer beware.
Its mechanically and cosmetically sound so it can go straight on the forecourt as it is as I've looked after it well. So hopefully the remap will go unnoticed and like you say if they ask ill just play dumb.

Reactions: Harvey, northpole and AlS3BE
I'm in the process of selling my 2016 S3 to Motorway. When I say in the process I mean they have made me an offer from one if their partnered dealers.
However I didn't declare the car has been remapped. Its pretty much stock apart from that.
I'm now unsure what to do regarding the sale. Do I play dumb if I'm asked or do I come clean and risk the sale falling through? Is an indie dealer likely to check a 2016 car's ECU before selling it on?
Did you have it new? If not the previous owner may have had it remapped and not told you.

What about the potential poor next owner who buys it unaware, has a crash or worse and the insurance dig deep into it….? All because you couldn’t be bothered to tell the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE, ahtcap and northpole