B7 general discussion/chat thread.

I know i might just make the trip if i can't find an oem one, would be good to speak to you anyway about a few other things B7 related as your brain holds a ton of knowledge and a different view is always needed before actually committing to a modification ;) but when that'll happen it'll be 2024 lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Not sure what i was thinking on this day, clearly not thinking straight ..lol
but i did get 4 nearly new F1 eagles out of it.:yahoo:
IMG 0135

• Wow
Reactions: northpole and NM07
lol wheel mania! I would be completely fine with my wheels if they weren't satin black... the 18 inch S-line wheels have the same design as the 19 inch a6 wheels shown above... but with them being satin black the sharp design features fade into the background... As I pointed out before I have planned on addressing that coming summer including adding lowering springs in the front... just to take care of that fake reverse rake(it's optical since the front wheel arches are bigger but the car sits level) a simple drop in the front 10mm lower than i have now will do the trick but it'll probably be a little more than that 25mm to 30mm... ( mine is FWD so no headache with the quatrro not liking being at a rake angle ;) )
Completely agree with you, satin black in 99% of cases I think looks terrible on wheels. They lose all their dimension and just look like a dirty wheel most of the time. Gloss black can work on the right colour car, but even then I'm still not really a fan.

I went for Silver Chrome on my 18" alloys. Slightly brighter than Shadow Chrome, and has that amazing paint depth that comes with the Chrome painting technique.

I've tried to capture the finish but the pictures don't do them any justice at all. Put next to a standard silver metallic it blows them away. I've since replaced the centre caps too as they were old and flaking in a few places. I'd love a 19" set of these, would fill the arches beautifully, but can't justify the price as I'd need to buy the set and have them refurbed to be at the same standard.

Image 1

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, swisstony, northpole and 1 other person
What are the Eagle F1's like Rob? Been running Pilot Sport 4S this time round, they're amazing in warm dry weather, but in the cold wet weather we've been having lately I'm getting wheelspin even in 3rd gear now, they're just dreadful as soon as the road is wet

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
These turned out nice though, black chrome 19" with the F1's i kept back from those naff keskin alloys.
very snug caliper clearance too..lol
IMG 0456 1
IMG 0466 1
IMG 0461 1

Reactions: swisstony and northpole
What are the Eagle F1's like Rob? Been running Pilot Sport 4S this time round, they're amazing in warm dry weather, but in the cold wet weather we've been having lately I'm getting wheelspin even in 3rd gear now, they're just dreadful as soon as the road is wet
I find the F1's to be very good, ive had 3 sets now and found them to be excellent allround.

Reactions: norad97 and northpole
allways looked nice with the red brembo's, I should have kept those alloys....:sadlike:
IMG 0468 1

Reactions: northpole
nice in low light too, very sutle shadows.. :yahoo:
IMG 0480 1

my fav wheels over the years , rota and oz racing on the scoobs. Also a big fan of speedlines

IMG 5860

DSCF0226 2 2

and on the audi, rs4 in shadow chrome

IMG 3486

and Metallic grey on the A4

IMG 0826

• Love
Reactions: Charlie Farley, northpole and NM07
Lovely alloys there Tony, glad to see you keep the barrels clean too :thumbs up:Top marks chap

I did quite like the Le Mans wheels on my last B7 (Special Edition), but they were really annoying to keep looking 100%.

Lovely alloys there Tony, glad to see you keep the barrels clean too :thumbs up:Top marks chap

I did quite like the Le Mans wheels on my last B7 (Special Edition), but they were really annoying to keep looking 100%.
I have to admit the Le Mans are a ****** to keep clean but I am slightly obsessed with clean wheels. They come off once a month ( only in warmer months) and the backs are done. My car cleaning arsenal is quite comprehensive so cleaning wheels in situ takes around 30 mins alone ! They get protected in Cermaic coating every now and then. And also blasted with car blower as hate water sitting on them.

Reactions: NM07 and northpole
I have to admit the Le Mans are a ****** to keep clean but I am slightly obsessed with clean wheels. They come off once a month ( only in warmer months) and the backs are done. My car cleaning arsenal is quite comprehensive so cleaning wheels in situ takes around 30 mins alone ! They get protected in Cermaic coating every now and then. And also blasted with car blower as hate water sitting on them.
A man after my own heart. I love detailing, I find it such a great outlet for stress, with the added benefit that the car looks fantastic when you're done!

Reactions: Charlie Farley, swisstony and northpole
A man after my own heart. I love detailing, I find it such a great outlet for stress, with the added benefit that the car looks fantastic when you're done!
Big time mate... One entire side of the garage is given over to detailing products :) My wife learnt very quickly when I met her that there would be no automatic or hand car washes in this household and car washing was a lengthy process. But yes even though it can take time, it is a good escape with a nice reult at the end.

My neighbours just laugh at me..

All my kids when they got their first car all got the first wash from Dad done properly ..after that they are on their own :)

Every now and then the detailing kit comes out with paint correction, DA polisher, pads you name it ...that is an entire day job .

Reactions: NM07, northpole and Charlie Farley
Dirty wheels = dirty car even if the car bodywork is clean.

Reactions: swisstony, NM07 and northpole
Tried Rials too, nice quality rims and fitted over the brembos straight out of the box. :yahoo:

IMG 0866

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, Rob Avant and northpole
And these, sadly non starter over OE calipers let alone 18z's
IMG 0712 1
IMG 0726 1

In between tried this for a short time, not as good as expected. :sadlike:

IMG 20161005 154141

Rials on a different day and different location , they look half decent too , also during my black rs4 grille surround period..lol

IMG 0009

• Love
Reactions: boffin486 and northpole
Big time mate... One entire side of the garage is given over to detailing products :) My wife learnt very quickly when I met her that there would be no automatic or hand car washes in this household and car washing was a lengthy process. But yes even though it can take time, it is a good escape with a nice reult at the end.

My neighbours just laugh at me..

All my kids when they got their first car all got the first wash from Dad done properly ..after that they are on their own :)

Every now and then the detailing kit comes out with paint correction, DA polisher, pads you name it ...that is an entire day job .

It always makes me wince when I go to fill up with fuel, and see people pull into the jet wash with their brand new cars, perfect paint, only to start scrubbing the wheels with the brush, then taking the brush straight to the paint. You just know as soon as it dries, it's going to be swirls galore.

And don't get me started on the neighbours and passers by... The standard selection to choose from.

"You'll wash that car away!"
"It was already clean when you started!"
"Wanna do mine?"
"It'll only get dirty again!"

I offer up a forced chuckle, while inside I just want to push them in front of a moving car.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Avant, northpole and Charlie Farley
And Wolfrace, nice in the box, but a pain fitment wise and gloss black just wasn't right.

IMG 0043
IMG 0066

And we wont talk about these..lol
IMG 0388

• Haha
And we definitely wont talk about this..lo
IMG 0393 1
l

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Rob Avant, Gmac, northpole and 1 other person
No one can say I don't like to push the boundaries on wheels..

I was on something..lol

• Haha
And it gets worse ...but luckily I won't expose you chaps to that set.:whistle2:

Dirty wheels = dirty car even if the car bodywork is clean.

If you're in a pinch and need to make the car more presentable quickly, clean the wheels and glass. Makes the biggest difference for least effort I think

Last edited:
I'm not one to dabble to much with wheels... there are 2 aftermarket wheels I'd go for in a heartbeat... real BBS le man's aka lm's and the 3DSM 0.06... both always make me look at them and both will look sick on the b7 avant... but nope I am not buying them for the simple reason they have to be new and no way I'm paying that retail price they go for.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
Rob had you been experimenting with certain substances when you chose that colour :wtf: Blue wheels with silver/graphite centre caps on a black bus!
Did I mention I'm also colour blind.....:haha::haha::haha:

I'm not one to dabble to much with wheels... there are 2 aftermarket wheels I'd go for in a heartbeat... real BBS le man's aka lm's and the 3DSM 0.06... both always make me look at them and both will look sick on the b7 avant... but nope I am not buying them for the simple reason they have to be new and no way I'm paying that retail price they go for.

06d24bacc6a3443cab134dbe71c52dee.jpg

First set I put on my current b7 the 0.06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inovits were nice.
IMG 1672

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, Gmac, northpole and 1 other person
as were the veemans
IMG 1086
IMG 1121

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, Rob Avant and northpole
but these 19" OE Lemans were great.
in the right colour on a black bus all clean they look the dangly bits :yahoo:
IMG 1869

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, Gmac, northpole and 1 other person
I could go back with them without any hesitations at all.:icon thumright:

Reactions: boffin486, swisstony and northpole
b78972515367a2ee6ebcdd005c48868a.jpg

d399cbf2b4cde57c37270a86fa30a94a.jpg

Have always regretted selling the red one with the Le Mans on ,had ample opportunity to swap them over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk