Get it done Rob ,it’ll nag at you till you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Correct , no nav installed and it needs to be 60 for the next option
your is not a multifunction, its the RS4 steering 2px

you should be coding in 06022 if you have rear wiper

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
well thats an easy one james.
You just go into steering and change from the current wheel to the fbsw , its on the list , very straight forward.

if you need specific help drop me a PM.:thumbs up:
Errr check the steering control module version first if yours is a ends with an S you'll need to upgrade it... it's the reason why I didn't reply... and if you need to upgrade go for the Q or R version (same part number) but the R supports heated steeringwheel also...

They are hard to find though the R versions the Q version is easier to find as it's normally used on the b7.
The R version is found on the Seat Exeo.

Ps the Q version supports everyrhing. The S version doesn't... so with the Q version you can add cruise control and DIS if you don't have it yet

PPS nevermind I just noticed you got the T version you should be able to get the lot to work

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
I have the correct module and it doesn't support the RS4 fbsw fully in the A4 b7 platform, they are somewhat rare to find aswell but it doesnt work 100% as the button assignment is different.
If someone can show me a fully working all functioning RS4 b7 fbsw fitted in an A4 then i'll give them £20.

Reactions: northpole
The FBSW 2PX wheel is not multifunction so there is no way to control an aftermarket hu etc even with the RS4 module.
been there.

Last edited:
With an OE HU such as RNS-E fitted and the correct module fitted you will get limited functionality over audio etc but not as it would be with a normal S-line or similar multifuction wheel.

With an aftermarket HU you will get no functionality at all from wheel buttons, with the rs4 module you end up with no usage of the stalk buttons or very little as the functions are transferred to the steering wheel buttons , which, is good, but that is all you get and they are illuminated.

I spent a lot on this and had to settle for what it is really.

I have the correct module and it doesn't support the RS4 fbsw fully in the A4 b7 platform, they are somewhat rare to find aswell but it doesnt work 100% as the button assignment is different.
If someone can show me a fully working all functioning RS4 b7 fbsw fitted in an A4 then i'll give them £20.

I’ll see your 20 and raise it

bf8ef81312b390868b101845a52523d8.jpg

More than happy to have the benefits this brings against the rnse with steering wheel control,voice control,car play ,dab

• Love
Reactions: NM07, northpole and Charlie Farley
bf8ef81312b390868b101845a52523d8.jpg

More than happy to have the benefits this brings against the rnse with steering wheel control,voice control,car play ,dab

Ps ,I’m all too aware the ash tray is missing the chrome inserts …mine were tarnished,so i removed them and the y “got lost” during the wives tidying frenzy ,replacement s are enroute

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
Can’t post this without thanks[mention]NM07 [/mention]

Reactions: NM07, northpole and Charlie Farley
Looks great, I wouldn’t go back to the old B7 platform audio etc , the alpine I have is on a different level , does all I need plus more.

What wheel is connected to the Sony James?

Just to clarify as I think there is some confusion, with aftermarket head units with a decent fitting kit and suitable wiring loom you will Retain most of the functions on a multifunction wheel but the dis display may not show any audio or nav info as it would with oem headunits.

With the rs4 fbsw you will loose all the functionality of aftermarket hu’s as noted above.
The “s” button is non functioning, the set ,+ -buttons control the dis display functions and that is it.

You will also still get a fault in the steering wheel module in vcds , not a hardware fault but more so a incorrect configuration , I’ve have yet to find a solution so not worried any more as it doesnt have any detrimental effect.

d76f93093073a573a79d352ce386575c.jpg

(Quickly visiting the man cave) this one

I used to like them but having now been using something else I find those a bit ugly, but hey, personal choice
The air bag is just too big and ugly shape.

Just to clarify as I think there is some confusion, with aftermarket head units with a decent fitting kit and suitable wiring loom you will Retain most of the functions on a multifunction wheel but the dis display may not show any audio or nav info as it would with oem headunits.

With the rs4 fbsw you will loose all the functionality of aftermarket hu’s as noted above.
The “s” button is non functioning, the set ,+ -buttons control the dis display functions and that is it.

Yes ,thanks to this forum and in no small part yourself Rob I was quite aware of the trade offs I was about to make ..and I’m glad I did

I used to like them but having now been using something else I find those a bit ugly, but hey, personal choice
The air bag is just too big and ugly shape.

Forget who mentioned it now but someone once pointed out how the grill shape is mirrored on the airbag ,it’s the small details I love

One of the real plus points with Audi is the amount of parts that can retro fitted across different variant and platforms.
And also the ease in many cases of swapping options within platforms, that said it doesn’t allways workout but so many do if one changes the right parts.

Looking for advise on coding for the rs4 steering wheel
I fitted a while ago ,got something sorted out to do the airbag light after seat swap thought I might as well get the wheel done ,is it just a change of values ? What will it enable or does it just stop faults being logged

as rob has said above, it is just a case of matching the steering wheel to what you have now. It does nothing for functions or gives you anything new. I had the same issue when I changed to an RS4 wheel on my B7 , well not an issue because I knew that the buttons on the new wheel would do nothing .

Reactions: northpole, Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
I'm quite sure that an aftermarket steeringwheel control box can sort that out had the same on my previous vectra... I noticed that the RS4 steeringwheel has buttons instead of scrollers... aka it's analog signals it sends out... in that cae there are boxes that can be installed to pick those up for any radio (including oem and aftermarket) thing is you have to find the right one....
I still got mine from the vectra and i'm quite sure it can be set to pickup those signals... thing is they'll only work on the radio... not the DIS unless the DIS is already working with the buttons, that means the box won't interfere with those buttons.

this is the one i got but i haven't swapped the stereo yet plus i need another steering wheel module (will be the Q version so i can add CC and DIS, both options strangely are missing from the car while the codes for them are on the sticker in the owners manual and the boot sticker)

Agreed chap, that said there is no real reason as most aftermarket HU's are so advanced compared to 16 year old audi audio that why bother?
My alpine works so well either by voice control for telephone control , radio , audio etc , txt messages .
A decent HU coupled with today's high-tech mobile devices, you really don't need that much steering wheel control, well i dont.
If you have a new or newish car then it will be a different situation but on our old B7 platform, no its not that important.
I just love the shape, style and feel of my steering wheel , not fussed now if it doesn't make the tea and tell me good night stories..lol

I just thought let me point it out... I know for a fact it won't work with my pioneer and the steeringwheel I got... anyways not fussed either, at the moment i run the OEM setup and that is good enough at the moment... next year I'll (might) swap the lot after I get the needed facia ( if it wasn't for that it would be in already lol including my subwoofer, uprated speakers and amps)

I think i need to do this just so its out of my system..lol

View attachment 272358

Oh my days Rob they look so good, any chance you fancy just sending them my way Do it mate, you know you won't be happy until you do. I've seen you mention them so many times now, I can tell it's an itch you have to scratch.

What's fitment like on a standard S-Line? Could I just bolt them on mine without rubbing issues? Or will it need spacers?

Not in a position to buy them just yet, got other projects that need finishing first, but want to be clued up for when I (potentially) do!

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
Oh and do those particular wheels have a name/model number?

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
Looks like I've moved a bit closer towards the D2/3 alloys this afternoon.
A potential buyer has been in contact to take my oz alloys.

seems like it is all change again

Reactions: northpole and NM07
Oh my days Rob they look so good, any chance you fancy just sending them my way Do it mate, you know you won't be happy until you do. I've seen you mention them so many times now, I can tell it's an itch you have to scratch.

What's fitment like on a standard S-Line? Could I just bolt them on mine without rubbing issues? Or will it need spacers?

Not in a position to buy them just yet, got other projects that need finishing first, but want to be clued up for when I (potentially) do!
They are best in the D2 format which is 8.5j as the offset is better so less issues with clearance etc.
Its the tire size that is complicated and ive not worked out the best size .

will fit s-line fine with out spacer in the 8,5j size

I am going to experiment, but the D2 8.5j rims are really hard to find to be honest, quite a few D3 9j around but they are not as B7 user-friendly .

235/30 20 is the best like for like size keeping within the specs the 18" rims run at but 30 is quite low, going to 245/35 is possible but its a fair bit different spec wise , as is 235/35

Can’t see anyway a 9j 20 will
Ever fit unless you go full Carlos fandango

• Haha
255 is too wide on B7's except the rs4 .