Where are the MAFs

stuartb

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all.

Car had some fluctuating revs at idle, ran a scan and both fuel banks are running lean. Cleared the fault with VCDS. I'd like to clean out the MAF Sensors, can anyone tell me where I'll find them, have looked at loads of posts and Videos online I cannot find anything relating to the 4.2 V8 RS4 Engine.

I'm thinking they might be buried in the airducts somewhere.

Any help would be grand.

Cheers

Stu

OOPS just realised this is my first post.. I'll jump into the welcome bit too..apologies in advance

Reactions: swisstony
Cheers for the rapid reply Stefan, should have said it's a B8.. I'll attach an image I took just there..

Attachments

• Stuarts Motor.jpg
    Stuarts Motor.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 53
I've just been invaded by family .. I'll get a look at this later, thanks again man..thats a great help

Sorry to be clear, the b8 doesn't use an actual maf IIRC, it's three map/IAT sensors that work in combination to calculate mass flow rate.

So my mistake in staying that was the "maf", where it's not really. I'll try to see if I can find the diagram of the other two for you.

That's probably why you had trouble finding anything on it.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Thanks again Stefan, those schematics are great, it's almost impossible to find the likes of these online. So the plot thickens with this sensor hmmm. The car is booked in next Monday for pads, discs, O and F.

If this sensor is something I can take care of I'd rather do it myself, everything online pointed too a MAF which forms part of the air intake ductings, these were presumeably for earlier models, they all looked easy enough to dissasemble, clean and refit, typically mine is different..

Cheers

Stu

So nipped up to A 4 Audi today and spoke to Mick the tech that works on my car when it's in, he was busy under the ramp but looked over my printout and said he'd do a smoke test on it see if there are any leaks anywhere, so happy with that.

I'll update as I go as this is quite a common issue that pops up now and then.