Q7 Advice for my wife thinking of moving from Porsche to Audi-Q5/Q7

swisstony

Reaction score
Need some guidence if possible

My wife owns a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S and has loved it ever since she bought it in 2017. However as it is now getting a bit long in the tooth, she fancies changing to an Audi.
She likes the luggage/boot space when the seats are down and she also likes all the trim levels that comes as standard on the Porsche like front and rear parking sensors. So her wish list is as follows ( its my wife so bet this list grows !! )
1. Parking sensors front and rear
2. No sunroof
3. Prefer an automatic but not deal breaker
4. Automatic sensor headlights if poss and wipers
5. Decent sound system and speakers
6. Heated seats if leather but dont mind half leather/alcantara
7. Probably petrol given the way things are heading

So her short list is around the Q5 or Q7 . She is not too fussed on colour but not red or green or standard grey/silver/black/white or blue

She would like to know peoples suggestion with that list and between those models
Many thanks

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I too would say SQ5!
I got into an SQ5 2018 TFSI - one of the last lot before they moved them to Diesel and it was a fantastic car.
Spec-wise being SQ5, it is already by default fairly high so it had front / rear parking + cameras, auto, auto lights/wipers, from memory bose sound but might have been B&O, heated full diamond stitched leather, ambient light pack (the colourful one), dynamic indicators, Matrix led, and a few other bits.
I only kept it for 6 months as a hole in the compressor meant it went in to get it replace and in that time, a loaner e-tron was given - I never went back but for the 6 months I had it, it was great.

The Q7/SQ7 is also fantastic and of course a fair bit bigger but the one thing I found was parking was always a pain. I'm the guy that where possible, parks the furthest away but multi-storeys became a bit of an issue. Too wide/bulky and too long. Abroad (took it to the Netherlands once) it was very good and fit in just fine but spaces in the UK are already too tight.

I suppose a lot of it depends on budget and what year you are looking at but the base spec she is after I would say at the very least will probably be a given in more newer models.

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc
Depends on the age your looking at. I've just taken delivery on a MY24 and if you want certain options then you need to get the Tech Pack Pro and that means you will get the roof. Get an 23 and that's not the case but the choice on options is much less.

100% SQ5 3.0 TDi Most amazing all year round, does everything, ever...

P1000768

Love ours....

• Love
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thank you for all your comments chaps, much appreciated. I should have added the budget which rules out the SQ5 to be honest. I think she has been spoilt by all the creature comforts on the porsche and for her budget the SQ5 is out as no finance here, we always buy our cars outright and the sale of the Porsche would mean she is nowhere near the level of that car. So it would have to be an older model in the lower tax bracket.
I think , given the shopping list, she will struggle , a champagne spec on a lemonade budget :)

But appreciate the guidence and will keep searching

• Wow
Thank you for all your comments chaps, much appreciated. I should have added the budget which rules out the SQ5 to be honest. I think she has been spoilt by all the creature comforts on the porsche and for her budget the SQ5 is out as no finance here, we always buy our cars outright and the sale of the Porsche would mean she is nowhere near the level of that car. So it would have to be an older model in the lower tax bracket.
I think , given the shopping list, she will struggle , a champagne spec on a lemonade budget :)

But appreciate the guidence and will keep searching
You are WRONG! With the kindnest respect!

Go buy 'HER' a 2016/17 SQ5! She will love it! And will be H A P P Y!

Sell everything/anything but YOU go spend £££££££s and buy 'HER' an SQ5, today!

'SHE!' is way MORE important to YOU in your life than YOU will ever be to YOU!

You are WRONG! With the kindnest respect!

Go buy 'HER' a 2016/17 SQ5! She will love it! And will be H A P P Y!

Sell everything/anything but YOU go spend £££££££s and buy 'HER' an SQ5, today!

'SHE!' is way MORE important to YOU in your life than YOU will ever be to YOU!
:yahoo: checks out the profile to see if 45bvtc is a girl :)

Sadly whilst I would love to be able to buy her a car, she has three already so its not like she needs one desperately :)

• Haha
:yahoo: checks out the profile to see if 45bvtc is a girl :)

Sadly whilst I would love to be able to buy her a car, she has three already so its not like she needs one desperately :)
Funny but no!

100% MALE with NO off-centre leanings at all!

Lost 'RS3copilot' 2-years ago, 55-years married,' and I'd give anything/everything for one more moment with her and to see her driving 'our' TT, RS3 and SQ5!:friends:

Not until you loose 'em will you truly appreciate!

However, as you say "she has three already" then I'm with you!

No pockets in shrouds, mind!
Enjoy your life... :hi:

Last edited:
oooo you are naughty :).... dont dare show that to her as she has always liked your posts but she may go off you after that :)

• Haha
Reactions: 45bvtc and Charlie Farley
sometimes , less is more.:yes:

Reactions: 45bvtc and swisstony
You could allways suggest keeping the Porsche.

• Wow
And that was "suggest" lol

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: swisstony and 45bvtc