Parkingheater

Dard

Reaction score
Parking heatar do not work when the car is cold, starting 5 min then i got error massage ”systemfault” when the car is warm or drived 1-2 hours ago parking heatar works good but do heat so good. Does any one know what’s wrong?
Audi A4 B9 -18 diesel

nope get the code reader out and see what fault has been logged... than either post the faultcode up and we'll try to help or look the faultcode up using the power of a search engine ;)

Reactions: Sibmets
nope get the code reader out and see what fault has been logged... than either post the faultcode up and we'll try to help or look the faultcode up using the power of a search engine ;)
Hello,

Fault code U016600 lost Communication with Aux heater.. any idea?

Vehicle cannot communicate with the Aux Heater, so either a wiring issue (CAN or power) or the module is faulty.
Parking heater
Fault gode C1069F0
-regulation difference
-exceeded
-intermittent
Trying to start 2-3 times then give up.

HVAC fault code
B10AF07
B109207

Any idea?

Parking heater
Fault gode C1069F0
-regulation difference
-exceeded
-intermittent

HVAC fault code
B10AF07
B109207

Any idea?

Parking heater
Fault gode C1069F0
-regulation difference
-exceeded
-intermittent

HVAC fault code
B10AF07
B109207

Any idea?
Actually yes I do and he used a proper code reader... the faultcode he got is found on the Webasto faultcode database.
You need to remove the unit and replace it's glowplug.
And while you are at it give it a good old clean.
If you think it's to much work... take it to a mechanic and have it done, it's just in need of service mate.

Actually yes I do and he used a proper code reader... the faultcode he got is found on the Webasto faultcode database.
If you think it's to much work... take it to a mechanic and have it done, it's just in need of service mate.
But parking heater works when the engine is started. I can hear the sound and see that it works. Only problem when i try to start by key or MMI..

As I said it needs a replacement glowplug... the thing will start once it gets warmed up by the engine as diesel doesn't ignite it self combusts under pressure all it needs is a warm enough environment... I am not talking about your car engine glowplugs, but the one inside the parking heater, It's a diesel heater, it uses a glowplug to heat up the air inside the cylinder to help the fuel self combust.

once you have the car running the air under the bonnet heats up from the engine, so the parking heater sucks in warmer air from the engine bay and that is why it works when your car is running, but that defeats the objective... as the parking heater needs to be serviced and is needing a new glowplug. there is nothing more to it, other than if it came this far it means it's in need of more than just changing the glowplug, just service it properly or have it done.

Last edited:
As I said it needs a replacement glowplug... the thing will start once it gets warmed up by the engine as diesel doesn't ignite it self combusts under pressure all it needs is a warm enough environment... I am not talking about your car engine glowplugs, but the one inside the parking heater, It's a diesel heater, it uses a glowplug to heat up the air inside the cylinder to help the fuel self combust.

once you have the car running the air under the bonnet heats up from the engine, so the parking heater sucks in warmer air from the engine bay and that is why it works when your car is running, but that defeats the objective... as the parking heater needs to be serviced and is needing a new glowplug. there is nothing more to it, other than if it came this far it means it's in need of more than just changing the glowplug, just service it properly or have it

Well noted.
Do you know what these codes mean?
HVAC fault code
B10AF07
B109207

When i drive on highway it almost stops blowing hot air.
Very weak heat but when i am standing with engine on the heat comes back again

i suggest you look those up on the VCDS wiki... but mainly something is either stuck/dirty/ or a sensor is malfunctioning

If you think it's too much work... take it to a mechanic and have it done, it's just in need of service mate.
Generally speaking “proper” readers, ie something a bit more sophisticated than a tool that reads just the fault code, will give a description of the issue and thus more information to go on. Some fault codes can just be generic at best, or the reader has an incomplete o/ incorrect database and adds two and two together and gets 5 and displays a best guess, which was the assumption here given limited diagnostic information posted.

Given the nature of the issue I would still recommend visiting someone with a tool which can aid in guided fault finding to at least point you in the correct direction for resolving the issue to save time and possible expense.

Generally speaking “proper” readers, ie something a bit more sophisticated than a tool that reads just the fault code, will give a description of the issue and thus more information to go on. Some fault codes can just be generic at best, or the reader has an incomplete o/ incorrect database and adds two and two together and gets 5 and displays a best guess, which was the assumption here given limited diagnostic information posted.

Given the nature of the issue I would still recommend visiting someone with a tool which can aid in guided fault finding to at least point you in the correct direction for resolving the issue to save time and possible expense.
Thanks guys! Appreciate your help
Just thought if this could be the reason of the parking heat trouble. Can all mechanics Change glowplug or is it just Audi? Can you Please send me website or the link of glowplug for my car Audi A4 b9 diesel 2.0 TDI quttro parning heat eberspächer

Take it to a place like audi to have it done... it's webasto dealers that will sell you the needed glowplug, but as i said before if it doesn't startup when parked without driving the car it will need a service... Best place really is to go to Audi as they have access to all the parts and models used from webasto in their catalogue, plus they can also sortout the heating issue with your climatronic.

Take it to a place like audi to have it done... it's webasto dealers that will sell you the needed glowplug, but as i said before if it doesn't startup when parked without driving the car it will need a service... Best place really is to go to Audi as they have access to all the parts and models used from webasto in their catalogue, plus they can also sortout the heating issue with your climatronic.
The thing is that i’m afraid that it Will be very expensive visit..

i can't advise you on how to service your car that is up to you and your budget...