Reduce oil level

bollan98

Reaction score
3 days ago I got a message on my dashboard that I am advised to get the engine warm and drive it for a bit. Living in north of Sweden its already around -15 degrees so I took it for a spin and after around 30minutes the message went way. However when I woke up today I had another message on my dashboard but this time for "Reduce Oil Level". I can't find anything about it in the owners manual and my dealers workshop is closed until Monday. Reading online it seems to be quite common when the weather starts getting colder but I still don't wanna take any risks.

Also I can add that I got the car from factory and only had it for around 6 months so I never had an oil change or anything yet.

Anyone else had this before?

How does the oil level look on the dipstick?

There seems to be a few mentions of this message on some of the other vehicle topics,ranging from blocked DPF in diesels to petrol getting in the oil and actually raising its level.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It might be that the oil grade it a bit too heavy for this weather and requires a thinner grade

Do you know what oil is in the car? If the car is new, surely they would put the oil grade suitable for Scandinavian winters...

Reactions: AdamInKent
The message went away the day after so I never called my dealership about it. I also posted it on a Swedish forum and I got a lot of replies by people saying that its most likely due to the cold weather. If the message comes back I will call my dealers workshop. I don't know about the oil or never checked the dipstick but I assume they would put in oil suitable for cold winters.

Reactions: AdamInKent