A6 BiTdi handling question

rich764089

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm coming back to Audi after a few years away, (previously had a stage 2 B8 S4, S8, R8 V10 Spyder, C6 3.0TFSI, C6 2.7 Le Mans).

I'm getting a C7 BiTdi Sline shortly (which will go stage 1 ASAP)... Hopefully! I'm now getting a bit worried that I'm going to find it well below what I want in the handling department. It will replace a stage 1 E63 AMG S212.

Just seeking clarification on adaptive/dynamic suspension... I've read it's standard on the BiTdi, but my understanding is that's not correct on the coil sprung version unless you have adaptive dampers specced. Is that right?

Unfortunately I don't think mine will have the sports diff.

Reviews love to hate the A6's handling so.... How disappointed will I be....

Thanks!

Reactions: elan2s
The A6 never had the adaptive dampers that Audi offered on some other model ranges (TT for instance). The suspension options for an S-Line BiTDi were, standard Sports (1BE) suspension, and optional S-LIne Sports suspension (1BV) or the Adaptive Air Suspension (1BK). In addition there was the Sports Differential (GH2) and Dynamic Steering (1NB) options as well. You should be able to tell what your car actually has by looking at the option sheet in the car (inside service book or in the spare wheel area) and checking against the option codes above.

Reactions: rich764089
Thanks very much - really helpful.

I was getting quite confused, but this helps explain. I hadn't realised adaptive dampers weren't even offered on the A6. Slightly strange on the BiTdi I thought, given I had them on my older S4. I guess it's "S" badge hierarchy!

Thanks again.

If you let me know the relevant model year of the car you are considering I probably have a digital copy of the brochure/price list I can post up here

That would be awesome, thanks! I've been searching online for that but it's very hard to find.

It's MY13.

Waiting to find out if it has 1BE or 1BV suspension as I can't tell with my eye!

Here you are. Hope this helps you

Attachments

• a6-saloon-avant-1012.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 81
Thanks very much can't seem to open the file on phone, but will try on the laptop later!

So it's definitely 1BE suspension which I'll probably change for Eibach Pro springs. I'm surprised the Eibachs are the same drop (30mm) as 1BV suspension... Doesn't sound right and thought it would be lower (on other marques I've been scraping speed bumps with Eibach Pros). I suppose the Eibachs have a stiffer spring rate though...?

Had eibach on my bitdi. great ride and drop with no issues with rubbing. If you want more precise handling control and drop then go with coilovers

Thanks Mo, that's good to know. Debating coilovers but will probably just stick with the Eibach Pros.... The BiTdi will just be a long distance commuting car that I want to handle a bit better... Not looking to totally transform it.

Thanks again... Exactly what I was hoping to hear

Dont worry, you will love it and a remap will really transform it. It was a tough decision when i sold mine.. miss that linear power delivery that just kept going

Hi - I'm finally getting round to purchasing the parts for suspension replacement for my C7 A6 BiTdi. It's currently running standard S-Line springs and dampers I believe (1BE).

Grateful if anyone can confirm these are the correct Eibach springs for the car that will give the 1BV equivalent "drop":

E10-15-018-08-22

Also, I'm really struggling to find the correct Sachs dampers to use with these as there are so many out there! I just want OEM.
I think it's SACHS 313 366 I want for the rear axle - is that correct? But I can't seem to find the equivalent for the front axle....any help appreciated!

I have an Eibach kit of springs on my A6 C7 3.0 Tdi saloon. I have the TUV Nord certificate for them. The information in it covers all models and for a front axle spring part no is 11-15-018-03-VA. The rear axle spring part no for an Avant is 11-15-018-06-HA. For a saloon it is 11-15-018-03-HA.
The numbers correspond to the part numbers quoted by Autodoc for Eibach springs for a BiTdi.
If you would like to see the TUV Certificate in full, PM me with a phone number or e-mail address and I will send you photos of the sheets.

John.

Thanks a lot, John, very helpful - that's perfect.

Looking at the details I sent and back at the number I quoted, I think the one I suggested was actually for the 2.0 Tdi!

Thanks again.