RS3 8v Reyland brake discs - bolted or floating?

Spencer589

Reaction score
I know there's numerous threads on brake discs but I can't find any answers.
If anyone can help I wanted to know if there'd be any major performance differences between Reyland bolted discs and floating discs, when they're only going to be for road use? Also if there'd be much difference between the 2 in weight?

Cheers

I know there's numerous threads on brake discs but I can't find any answers.
If anyone can help I wanted to know if there'd be any major performance differences between Reyland bolted discs and floating discs, when they're only going to be for road use? Also if there'd be much difference between the 2 in weight?

Cheers

I went Foating when I bought them on my 8V.

Floating does help with expansion between the alloy hub / steel discs especially if you are using them in anger lol.

They do also look nicer than the just bolted ones.
f1c7a1970571a33f937306fb905deb82.jpg

ce4d08a63154b2b1867aca8192aa6d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Spencer589 and flybynite
I went Foating when I bought them on my 8V.
Floating does help with expansion between the alloy hub / steel discs especially if you are using them in anger lol.
They do also look nicer than the just bolted ones.

I was going to go floating next year when my originals need replacing but have been put off by the noise I have heard from other floating discs in the past.

Did you get much noise from them even at the end when you sold it? IIRC you went through a set of pads with them?

I was going to go floating next year when my originals need replacing but have been put off by the noise I have heard from other floating discs in the past.

Did you get much noise from them even at the end when you sold it? IIRC you went through a set of pads with them?
2 sets of discs and pads, first pads 2500’s second were DBA extreme, all quiet for me no complaints.

Reactions: flybynite
2591fcd375f35117acb5c73f5cd881d0.jpg

Opted for the bolted on mine with Yellow stuff pads
No noise & stops when I want it to

Reactions: 8YARWY and Spencer589
2591fcd375f35117acb5c73f5cd881d0.jpg

Opted for the bolted on mine with Yellow stuff pads
No noise & stops when I want it to

That's what I was more leaning towards, just not sure of the difference in weight compared to stock I know from another thread that just the disc itself is lighter than the stock brembo but I don't know if they're still lighter with the plate attached. But the bolted disc still looks good.

That's what I was more leaning towards, just not sure of the difference in weight compared to stock I know from another thread that just the disc itself is lighter than the stock brembo but I don't know if they're still lighter with the plate attached. But the bolted disc still looks good.

I did weigh the disc a few years back but can’t find the picture, sure it’s a kilogram lighter if I remember correctly.

I did weigh the disc a few years back but can’t find the picture, sure it’s a kilogram lighter if I remember correctly.

If you posted the picture on here in a different post I might of seen it. Was it the picture of the just a disc being held on a scale? The reason I was looking to see what the total weight is, is because I'm contemplating getting Reylands or the stock brembos. I can get the stock brembo discs for £277 each from autodoc.

If you posted the picture on here in a different post I might of seen it. Was it the picture of the just a disc being held on a scale? The reason I was looking to see what the total weight is, is because I'm contemplating getting Reylands or the stock brembos. I can get the stock brembo discs for £277 each from autodoc.

Found it. 10.80kg

7036d5dd312558121405b7c95850e6ef.jpg

Reactions: Spencer589