Is this normal start up routine?

Funkyfin2000

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Hi guys,

I believe I have a pre sense issue on my a4 Avant b9, but having had the car new I wanted to check the start up procedure is right.

The reason I suspect a presense is because of I get close to a vehicle etc at a junction I presume it should kick in and warm me or shudder the steering wheel etc or beep but it never has.

When I start up all the lights come on and cycle and nothing stays on but I do get an audible bong every time which I thought was odd? Does everyone get this?

See my video attached if you wouldn't mind confirming it's all normal.

Mine does the same, little yellow warning coming on at start then disappearing is normal as far as I'm aware. There is sensitivity setting for pre sense in mmi and the ability to turn it off iirc. Only had it physically apply breaks once most of the time it just give an audible warning.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I believe I have a pre sense issue on my a4 Avant b9, but having had the car new I wanted to check the start up procedure is right.

The reason I suspect a presense is because of I get close to a vehicle etc at a junction I presume it should kick in and warm me or shudder the steering wheel etc or beep but it never has.

When I start up all the lights come on and cycle and nothing stays on but I do get an audible bong every time which I thought was odd? Does everyone get this?

See my video attached if you wouldn't mind confirming it's all normal.
That’s all normal, pre sense warning light illuminates whilst system calibrates / starts up and then goes off. There are several variations of the system basic, city, front , rear , etc which activate at different speeds and give different type of warnings in different situations.

The system should only activate if it detects an impending collision when it will initially provide a warning message in the dash and then apply the brakes if needed.

The audi heartbeat sound on startup is not related to any of the cars systems

Reactions: Sibmets