Particulate trap bank 1 code P2002

Mmcfly

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some help with the wife's 2015 Audi A3, she bought it this weekend and on the way back it started going into limp mode and showing P2002 codes.

Now we were meant to pick it up weekend before last but the dealer had that code come up. Apparently he took it to the garage and they changed the egr cooler, reset the code and thought the job was done. The garage also said that the dpf was not blocked and all was ok.

I've take it for a drive, after resetting the code and almost immediately P2002 (pending) shows, when driving slow around town the car seems fine except for the pending code. When driven hard, or at high revs low gear down the motorway the car really kicks off and shows a flashing glow-plug light. To me it seems the trouble really starts the more gas you're pushing through the system which would indicate a blockage to me.

I guess the question is since its had its egr cooler replaced, what else could it be? One other thing that is puzzling, is that I've seen the invoice for the egr cooler and it came to a little over £400 fitted, which seems a little cheap to me?

We can take the car back no problem, but its a 4 hour drive and the logistics would be a nightmare.

EGR usually gunks up the intake manifold, did they cleaned the intake manifold when diagnosing the EGR cooler as culprit?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

EGR usually gunks up the intake manifold, did they cleaned the intake manifold when diagnosing the EGR cooler as culprit?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I have no idea what they did to be honest, got someone to have a look with a scanner and it showed this.

Attachments

• IMG_20231129_122932.jpg
    IMG_20231129_122932.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20231129_122322.jpg
    IMG_20231129_122322.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36