Bi xenon headlights prices

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so after a long time going back and forth about upgrading my headlights from halogen I think I want to bite the bullet and get some xenon’s fitted.
Just wondering how much a decent/ average price for these are does £300 for some good condition ones sound about right?

that is about right.... new they still go for silly prices so yeah good condition are around the 300 mark... I was looking into just buying aftermarket upgrade projector headlights because of this. IMHO it's silly to ask that much for them these days... Might even be cheaper find a car that has either a failed MOT or some damage with the xenon headlights and some other upgrades your car lacks so you can use it as a donor, than when done sell it to a scrappy to recover some of the money you spend on it.

Reactions: Stu_b7
Most used audi parts are over priced, some sellers seem to think they are a license to print money, and even more so if they are from an RS or S even though they are the same part in many cases.

Bonkers really but never going to change .

Reactions: Stu_b7 and northpole
yeah I noticed it... what i do now if i need a used part, put it on my watch list wait for them to offer it to me at a lower price, not react to it than 2 weeks later if they still have the same part i send them a low ball offer... 7 out of 10 times I end up paying about 2/3 of the original asking price... and some times 50% simply because i'm the only one that has shown any interest. doesn't always work but that is the way to I try to get the parts at a decent price....

but as i stated i'm looking at just getting a donor car with the options i need than buying it, take the parts i need than put my old parts on it and sell it to a scrappy. I'd probably end up making a profit.

I have some on eBay for £90 each but seem like some pitting and marks but they might clean up and be fine I’ll put a link on, what do you guys think??

Reactions: northpole
To be honest even that since you sell them separate is to high... b7 is at the youngest 16 years old... a pair of used xenon headlights in decent condition should be around the 150 pound mark... for me to even consider them...

As it will need either polishing or new lenses and god knows how long the oem ballast will last. Not even discussing the price of the xenon bulbs that might break during postage. Or the possibility of bad light output because the projector reflector bowl has deteriorated. So yeah still way to expensive if you ask me.

And by just pointing all these things out i just made up my mind... not for me. I probably endup buying aftermarket headlights or just add a bi-xenon projectors to my halogen headlights. Using a good brand retrofit kit.

Last edited:
So I’ve gone a got a set from eBay for £200 look in good condition with the ballasts, now I just need a wiring adapter.
Any suggestions what I will need now??

Kufatec sells the needed adaptor cable... look them up ;)

Hi probably really stupid question but I have found the ones I think I need but they keeps saying avant?
Are these the same and what I need as I have the saloon?
Cheers

yes they are the same... you go from the 10 pin connector to the 12 pin connector it has 2 extra wires that you need to connect up but if you buy from kufatec it comes with a manual stating exactly where they have to be connected.

yes they are the same... you go from the 10 pin connector to the 12 pin connector it has 2 extra wires that you need to connect up but if you buy from kufatec it comes with a manual stating exactly where they have to be connected.
Ok great thanks for all the help

Ignore the warning light I got. That was fuse misplaced.

See the link to the thread and if you have VCDS it's a breeze to retrofit with genuine Kufatec cables.
Highly recommend ordering them directly from their site. Worth the bit extra

Reactions: Stu_b7 and northpole