Rear View Camera retrofit clarification

phil_w

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all - can anyone clarify whether I need a controller or not to retrofit the RVC into my MY2015 A6 Avant with MIB2? The Kufatec kit kind of suggests that it doesn't? So just wiring and the grab handle camera plus some VCDS? I've got front and rear sensors already the MMI graphic etc...

Cheers

Pretty sure you need the camera control unit, and if you're installing from scratch, including control unit, you'll need more than VCDS as that can’t program component protection - that needs dealer level software.

Parts listed here fyi

Thank you.

Yep it’s weird. Kufatec for this model onwards drop the module off the list of included items and as per their usual communications won’t confirm or deny anything before a purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they just don’t want to be responsible for the controller sale or something.

Thank you.

Yep it’s weird. Kufatec for this model onwards drop the module off the list of included items and as per their usual communications won’t confirm or deny anything before a purchase

Have you tried emailing them? I have found they are very helpful if you ask the question "will this work with my car?" They will probably need the VIN for your car

Yep done exactly that. They agreed the kit was correct but when I asked why no controller was required they wouldn’t comment further.

Ah -Thank you - cleverness made small!

ooh can you keep the post updated with how you get on with this pal, want to fit a rear camera to my wife's 2015 facelift avant with mib2 as well!
I got as far as finding out I won't need the camera ecu so I presume its a wiring loom and camera then coding?

Will do…

Purchasing delayed as car was hit in a car park and person did a runner…grrrr

You can’t have anything nice any more!

Reactions: glenandem
Will do…

Purchasing delayed as car was hit in a car park and person did a runner…grrrr

You can’t have anything nice any more!

lot of that going on at the moment pal, hope it wasn't too bad!

I'm learning that yes! Plus no such thing as a cheap repair... Waiting to hear if a claim can be pushed through as an actual human being snapped a photo of the car and reg...

As you have MIB2, you need the camera that has the controller built into it. If you contact @DJAlix on here, he will sort you out with a kit