2008 A4 (B8) convertible - rear window delisted & boot issue

50Five

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm having a couple of issues with my 2008 A4 (B8) convertible.

Firstly, the rear demister isn't working, I've checked it over and there doesn't seem to be any issue on the surface. I'm hoping it might just be a fuse but I'm struggling to locate which fuse is associated with this, even after looking at many diagrams of the fuse box. Is there another fuse box I'm missing in the boot for example? If not can somebody please advise which number of fuse I need to be looking to replace?

The other thing, the boot isn't working off the key fob so I'm having to manually open it. Again I am unsure why this might be, could it be related to the above and have been disconnected for some reason or can somebody put the direction of where I would look to check any disconnection and/or any fuse related to this?

I know the easiest thing would be to take it to an auto electrician, however, money is so tight I would like to have a go myself in the first instance.

Many thanks for reading

Needs diagnostics on there tbh mate before anything else, could be broken wires in boot lid for the remote open, could be key not sending signals which you need to check cars seeing the key signals 1st, rear demister maybe related or separate, can always put a meter on fuses for continuity, but fusebox & car book should show fuse list if book is with the car or course.

Needs diagnostics on there tbh mate before anything else, could be broken wires in boot lid for the remote open, could be key not sending signals which you need to check cars seeing the key signals 1st, rear demister maybe related or separate, can always put a meter on fuses for continuity, but fusebox & car book should show fuse list if book is with the car or course.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Would an OBD II diagnostic device be suitable for the sort of diagnostic test required? I only ask as I have one somewhere in a drawer which I've only used a couple of times. I do have the book but didn't even think to check, DOH. Thanks again