VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Probably a bit early but what the hell,
Merry Christmas all .

Reactions: Sandra, Jcbmally, Jamsmoo and 4 others
269977223_1903497663161351_2817897984781457978_n.jpg

and the same from me to all

Reactions: Charlie Farley and swisstony
Probably a good time to explain that in our house, the good lady wife is how can I put it, slightly unhinged at this time of year. I am not a grinch by any means but the level of how much she likes xmas is insane. She is known locally as Mrs Santa as she foofing loves lights, decorations you name it. Over the years our xmas light show seems to have got bigger and bigger and not just on the outside, the inside gets the same treatment.Everything dull and normal gets swapped out for xmas related, be it the cat's food bowl, glasses, plates, even the oven gloves ! I caught her one year even swapping the washing up sponge for a tree shaped one, the washing up sponge *** ! I have learnt to just go with it :)

As for the outside , well I am just as much to blame , seems to make her happy and so those houses on the street that you drive by thinking " oh dear lord' or " his electricity bill must be huge" , yes thats us. Sure I get a personal letter from the MD at EON thanking me for his bonus. Nearby airfield uses our house for landing and all our neighbours along our road complain come 6 Jan when they cant find their house in the dark....

This year have scaled back a little but I shall give you a little taster of the madness below

Oh and Merry Xmas everyone

IMG 1475

IMG 1496

IMG 1479

IMG 1490

IMG 1538

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Gmac and northpole
Merry CHristmas all!! That is some light show @swisstony ! The tree is very impressive! My job today is put the outside lights up. But it’s properly Baltic outside atm, -9.5!! So thought id come on here whilst having a cup of tea first Haha. Hohoho

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
Merry CHristmas all!! That is some light show @swisstony ! The tree is very impressive! My job today is put the outside lights up. But it’s properly Baltic outside atm, -9.5!! So thought id come on here whilst having a cup of tea first Haha. Hohoho
I dont blame you ... I start mid November as it takes around 2 weeks just to do the outside but yes up a ladder over the last few days trying to hang lights and decorations whilst wearing gloves and swearing everytime a booming BT clip falls out is not fun. I suggest waiting until it has warmed up so another cup of tea :)

Reactions: Gmac, northpole and Charlie Farley
Probably a good time to explain that in our house, the good lady wife is how can I put it, slightly unhinged at this time of year. I am not a grinch by any means but the level of how much she likes xmas is insane. She is known locally as Mrs Santa as she foofing loves lights, decorations you name it. Over the years our xmas light show seems to have got bigger and bigger and not just on the outside, the inside gets the same treatment.Everything dull and normal gets swapped out for xmas related, be it the cat's food bowl, glasses, plates, even the oven gloves ! I caught her one year even swapping the washing up sponge for a tree shaped one, the washing up sponge *** ! I have learnt to just go with it :)

As for the outside , well I am just as much to blame , seems to make her happy and so those houses on the street that you drive by thinking " oh dear lord' or " his electricity bill must be huge" , yes thats us. Sure I get a personal letter from the MD at EON thanking me for his bonus. Nearby airfield uses our house for landing and all our neighbours along our road complain come 6 Jan when they cant find their house in the dark....

This year have scaled back a little but I shall give you a little taster of the madness below

Oh and Merry Xmas everyone

View attachment 272453

View attachment 272454

View attachment 272455

View attachment 272456

View attachment 272457
What can I say, Wowcher..lol:yahoo:

Reactions: northpole
@swisstony looks awesome though and personally i love to see people make an effort and a half and than go absolutely crazy. It's not for me but my wife is the same lol goes nuts but luckily for me not outside to much....

Reactions: swisstony
I got her this a few years ago....takes pride of place on the tree :ricecracker: :christmastree:

IMG 3368

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Sandra, Rob Avant, Jcbmally and 4 others
made a start.:yes:
SKDM7711
XYAM3500

Reactions: Sandra, Jcbmally, Dan_G and 3 others
I am loving the barn entrance... very impressive . Assume it was all calculated beforehand for the shape or did you just grab a staple gun and wing it :)

• Haha
Nope, just out with the small nails and bosh , bosh done, no measuring etc, just sheer luck it came out that well..lol

Nope, just out with the small nails and bosh , bosh done, no measuring etc, just sheer luck it came out that well..lol
I am surprised you seem such a measured chap , everything done with careful planning and here you are just gung ho .
Whacking it in , such a carefree attitude to Xmas decs
Worked out well though :)

It was cold, wet and I was in mr grumpy mode so it came out better than expected to be honest everything considered.:whistle2:

I just cant get into christmas decor these days, i'll do it for the wife but thats about it.

Reactions: swisstony and northpole
The whole Christmas thing has lost something for me, its not how I remember nor how once enjoyed , maybe thats just the downside of getting older and progress, anyway thats just me but hey, everyone else have a wonderful time. :yahoo:

I do like a nice bit of turkey though, followed by some classic raiders of the lost ark, feet up by a roaring log fire with some Ferrero Roche. :yahoo:

so not a complete grinch. :whistle2: :yes:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Gmac and northpole
Has anyone else's missus already started imposing all round cheeryiness with terrible Christmas music? I've had enough already.....

• Haha
Reactions: Sandra, northpole and Gmac
Has anyone else's missus already started imposing all round cheeryiness with terrible Christmas music? I've had enough already.....
In this house no choice but to embrace it. Xmas songs start very soon at home, its bad enough hearing it in the shops from late november.
No doubt my better half will be wearing some choice elf boots with bells on them very soon.

I do draw the line at xmas socks...she has brought me several pairs over the years , some that are musical and..well no. They have remained firmly in the drawer

lol I see for some it's time to go full the Grinch mode... and sabotage the christmas mood in the house :devilish:

Reactions: swisstony
It was cold, wet and I was in mr grumpy mode so it came out better than expected to be honest everything considered.:whistle2:

I just cant get into christmas decor these days, i'll do it for the wife but thats about it.
I'm the same, it's all for one day and people buy to much or get them selfs in debt,
Ba humbug

it's all for one day...
Ba humbug
I bet you she/the significant other (let me be PC :whistle2:) doesn't agree with it being just one day.... it's the season to go nuts, spend like they've never spend before and feed you so much that you gain at least a stone so the rest of the year you can be called fat. Just accept it and roll with it.. the food should make up for it ( presents may or may not)

I let the Mrs and kids do the decorations, I just get them down from the loft and sort the lights. Sticking with tradition, 12 days before etc.
Christmas music is banned in our house, it’s a cruel and unusual form of torture.
Do love a good Christmas film though… It’s gotta be Die Hard and Home Alone on Christmas Eve.

Reactions: swisstony, northpole, Sandra and 1 other person
I let the Mrs and kids do the decorations, I just get them down from the loft and sort the lights. Sticking with tradition, 12 days before etc.
Christmas music is banned in our house, it’s a cruel and unusual form of torture.
Do love a good Christmas film though… It’s gotta be Die Hard and Home Alone on Christmas Eve.
The missus and I were having a lovely argument, I mean discussion about this the other night . I said Die hard is a. Mas movie and she couldn’t see that fact , probably because she has not watched it so henceforth I will be making her watch it !
Yippee kai yeah muthafuckers :)

And just realised that the front escalated somewhat:)

IMG 3937

IMG 3922

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
Well the complete Die hard saga (and the home alone saga) are Christmas films period end of story... @swisstony I suggest you tie her down tape her eyelids up and make her watch all of them in one sitting... all while rocking the all important Grinch outfit.. either Dr Zues's or Jim Carey's either will do... ps first outfit is the cheapest one ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Avant
Well the complete Die hard saga (and the home alone saga) are Christmas films period end of story... @swisstony I suggest you tie her down tape her eyelids up and make her watch all of them in one sitting... all while rocking the all important Grinch outfit.. either Dr Zues's or Jim Carey's either will do... ps first outfit is the cheapest one ;)
I know !!! Die hard 1and 2 , set in winter, xmas time so a xmas movie, other die hard not so much. She makes me eatch Elf every year so Die Hard it is this year :)

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
Elf is not to bad to watch though... but Die hard beats it period. Way more action lol

Reactions: Rob Avant
Die Hard is 100% the best Christmas film.
Closely followed by Die Hard 2! :gun2:
I had the same debate with the Mrs a few years back @swisstony now I watch it every Christmas Eve, she’s finally given in and agrees now.

Must admit I watched Dr Zeus’s The Grinch with the kids last week and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley, swisstony and 1 other person