Macclesfield Audi [emoji1304]

I had a TTS with DSG and mechatronic problem, booked car in, 'no faults Sir'

I parked car outside and asked the Service manager to reverse it into a parking bay, he looked at me as if I was an idiot, jumped in my car, selected reverse, looked down at the selector again, loads of rpm and the car shot off backwards nearly into the door of a new R8
They fitted a new Mechatronic unit :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: drgav2005 and audiwaterpump
I had a TTS with DSG and mechatronic problem, booked car in, 'no faults Sir'

The stealers/dealers seem to excel and be extremely good at NOT finding faults.

Audi UK (or whichever company it is) won't do anything until it starts to hit its sales.

Liverpool Audi are just as bad my S3 8v went in for a water pump replacement gets a call all fixed walks out to the car starts it and it went bang in there car park. End result new engine what ever they had done don’t know. Than goes back to get it and my two rear alloys gouged so it stayed there a further 3 weeks while they got them done to get a call the car won’t start they had somehow immobilised the car with my additional security and had to get the out to sort it

Reactions: audiwaterpump

Campaign for viewing areas at service/repair garages.​

Feel free to use your buying power to get viewing areas, or have a video of it, or a live camera feed.

Most of these stealers/garages will get up to all sorts of devious things if they know they are not being watched - the mice will play while the cat is away.

I bet more than 90% of engines are overfilled with oil, which then will cause other problems.

I bet more than 90% of engines are overfilled with oil, which then will cause other problems.​

From 'the other side of things'

I used to do an awfull lot of 911 stuff, mainly air cooled. (they are all dry sumped)

The number of owners that phoned full of rage the follwing day because their cherished engine and garage floor was covered in oil was unreal.

After talking them down a little, they usually said ''And another thing, I also checked the oil level this morning and it needed another litre of oil''

To check a 911 oil level it has to be at 90c and is checked with the engine idleing by via dipstick in the oil tank, (or the dash oil level gauge)

Now, if you check it either cold, or first thing before starting maybe up to a litre of oil will have leaked via the oil pump into the engine over night, you then replace that oil, the engine warms up, scavenges the oil out of the engine and back into the oil tank which now overflows into the air cleaner and all over your pride and joy and the garage floor :)

Not all techs are bad :)

• Haha
Reactions: audiwaterpump and flybynite
Now, if you check it either cold, or first thing before starting maybe up to a litre of oil will have leaked via the oil pump into the engine over night, you then replace that oil, the engine warms up, scavenges the oil out of the engine and back into the oil tank which now overflows into the air cleaner and all over your pride and joy and the garage floor :)

I think that says more about your average Porka driver than the techs that work on them :friendly wink:

Reactions: audiwaterpump
If you are told a service / inspection / brake fluid change will take 3 and 1/2 hours yet the car is only in audi workshop for less than 2 hours and you are paying the equivalent of £540 then why are things being done badly or in my case missed altogether ?

Oil and filter is easy and not even and hour on this engine
Brake fluid again isn’t mega work, Christ they don’t even take the wheels off lol, so again I’d say an hour is generous.

Pollen filter literally 5mins if that

Audi cam and other checks 10-15 mins.

Yet still shoddy work going on in Audi dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to do an awfull lot of 911 stuff, mainly air cooled. (they are all dry sumped)

The number of owners that phoned full of rage the follwing day because their cherished engine and garage floor was covered in oil was unreal.

After talking them down a little, they usually said ''And another thing, I also checked the oil level this morning and it needed another litre of oil''

To check a 911 oil level it has to be at 90c and is checked with the engine idleing by via dipstick in the oil tank, (or the dash oil level gauge)

Similar to Mclarens I believe. People top them up thinking they're low and then they smoke like a mother when they first fire them up because it's dumping that oil into the intake rather than on the floor...

Reactions: Mike.46 and audiwaterpump

I'm sure there are some great techs around like you.
The problem is usually the "management" setting ridiculously unrealistic targets to work to.
And then there is the devious behaviour of some because they know no one is looking - the rats will play when the cat is away.

I was working on the assumption that the oil level was being checked as per the manufacturer's instructions. However, some car owners don't know how to check the oil level properly. Assuming there is a dipstick.

Car moved at 12.30 into their workshop
Car back out at 2.27 into the car park
3.30 I’m still sat there waiting

8YARWY

If you were told 3 1/2 hours and car was out after 2 hours , did you ask for a refund of the 1 1/2 hours they were not working on your car,?
Silly question I know as they will say two techs worked on it possibly.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Car moved at 12.30 into their workshop
Car back out at 2.27 into the car park
3.30 I’m still sat there waiting

8YARWY

If you were told 3 1/2 hours and car was out after 2 hours , did you ask for a refund of the 1 1/2 hours they were not working on your car,?
Silly question I know as they will say two techs worked on it possibly.

Imagine the uproar lol.

Its a new system at Audi, part self service your car

Reactions: Pinky1959
lol some crap reviews.
f7cdfcdf58342946e7dba27e282c6efb.jpg

Was told on Friday the customer experience advisor would ring me on Monday to ensure the pollen filter has arrived and discuss the issues I’d raised.

Maybe I missed that call……..

• Haha
Reactions: Rs3Dude
Update, found another issue that boiled my pizz, oil filter housing has been leaking a little, I know exactly the cause, the plastic housing has a drain nipple that is pushed in when the drain pipe tool is used, however it’s important that the nipple is pulled back out into its sealing position once the housing is removed.

Worrying to say the least when this was serviced by a ‘professional’.

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Rs3Dude and RS03???
Update, found another issue that boiled my pizz, oil filter housing has been leaking a little, I know exactly the cause, the plastic housing has a drain nipple that is pushed in when the drain pipe tool is used, however it’s important that the nipple is pulled back out into its sealing position once the housing is removed.

Worrying to say the least when this was serviced by a ‘professional’.

giphy.gif

Hard to believe. The dealership must be bogged down in very bad morale and motivation.
I always do check this couple of times after running the engine for a few mins, before putting the under tray back as I don't trust myself or the technology behind the nipple is safely seated home.
BTW what triggered you to crawl under, remove the tray to have a peek?

Hard to believe. The dealership must be bogged down in very bad morale and motivation.
I always do check this couple of times after running the engine for a few mins, before putting the under tray back as I don't trust myself or the technology behind the nipple is safely seated home.
BTW what triggered you to crawl under, remove the tray to have a peek?

I checked a couple of days later.
Luckily system pressure pushes the nipple back out.

If you ask me it’s poor from a pro at a dealership, yes a little may dribble out until pressure pops it back out, but it takes a second to do once the housing is off.
IMG 8965

Reactions: RS03???
lol it gets better…….

Missed call today, hmmm maybe the long awaited return call from head of business , or customer service manager……

Nope, would I like to call in to have the amber rated tyres changed and a free health check

Over my dead body…….

IMG 5070

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Pinky1959, Rs3Dude, Ian Downes and 1 other person
lol still shafting customers for the pollen filters then….. T****rs

3ee6d552c58530913c5a459998b99d15.jpg

Funny how they always say they will use the information to improve stop bulling Macclesfield Audi you are crap end of

adf57c93bed3dd30daf6a6264d2456bb.jpg

5275ee90cf19f3e79c0fc8c57c5df7d6.jpg

I overheard similar while sat waiting in their ‘service’ area.

We don’t fix punctures sir but we can order you new tyres in and you can come back.

Lol shows how utterly useless these cretins are.

2f32eb272128869b8298ce6a1aa66117.jpg

My car is in for a inspection service at Oldham Audi on the 2nd of March I hope I get a new pollen filter :laughing:

Reactions: 8YARWY
My car is in for a inspection service at Oldham Audi on the 2nd of March I hope I get a new pollen filter :laughing:

Let’s hope Oldham have bucked their ideas up then…….

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Mine is going in to Glasgow Audi in April for a service and to investigate the following fault messages I've had.

Gearbox Malfunction.
Drive System Malfunction.
Parking break Malfunction.
Someone hitting the center console with a hammer from beneath malfunction.

We'll see how this pans out.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
More reason to stick with my Indy, have been using him for the last 20years and can update the service history for my 2nd year service due next month.

More reason to stick with my Indy, have been using him for the last 20years and can update the service history for my 2nd year service due next month.

True but warranty issues like above mean no option but to see Audi.

Audi dealers are a massive let down to the brand.

Lazy, useless toads.

Reactions: RS03??? and Mr Freeze
lol 2 x Texts and 2 emails this morning, one for each tyre.

They don’t seem to have gotten the message.

IMG 5191

Sent from under the bridge…..

Oh and as for all the lunatics wanting the dealer to wash their cars :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Mike.46, 8YARWY and drgav2005