Cabin temperature sensor location

nelo36

Reaction score
Hi Folks just looking for some help if anyone knows as my Heaters are blowing cold on the drivers side UK car and particularly my feet and the weather is not too good either so after googling for a while
been thinking the temp sensor that sits in the heater box in the dash could be faulty but i wouldnt know where to start looking or how big a job it would be
but of anyone knows the location and if its an easy fix ill give a whirl
thanks in advance lee

Hi Folks just looking for some help if anyone knows as my Heaters are blowing cold on the drivers side UK car and particularly my feet and the weather is not too good either so after googling for a while
been thinking the temp sensor that sits in the heater box in the dash could be faulty but i wouldnt know where to start looking or how big a job it would be
but of anyone knows the location and if its an easy fix ill give a whirl
thanks in advance lee
Well i found one sensor in the RHS dash vent unplugged it and still blowing cold on whole right / drivers side had the a/c unit and stereo out couldnt see anything in the aperture behind just hope its not a full dash out job going to to find the LHS dash vent sensor layer on see if that makes a difference ‍♂️

I have seen uneven temperature like this posted on a number of forums in the past (probably this one as well) and I think the common cause is an issue with the flap that control flow of warm air. Suggest you try searching on here and also the C7 sections of vwaudiforum and audiworld

I have seen uneven temperature like this posted on a number of forums in the past (probably this one as well) and I think the common cause is an issue with the flap that control flow of warm air. Suggest you try searching on here and also the C7 sections of vwaudiforum and audiworld
Hi Elan thanks for the reply and info ill check it out and see what i can find
cheers lee :)

The problem is more than likely a partially blocked heater matrix, very common problem on these cars.
Just do a search, you will get lots of information on how to flush it, or replace.

The problem is more than likely a partially blocked heater matrix, very common problem on these cars.
Just do a search, you will get lots of information on how to flush it, or replace.
Hi Dwiane thanks for the info ill do some research and see what it entails i have ordered 2 Temp sensors for the dash vents will fit when they come in then if not looks like im getting into the matrix
cheers lee :)

HI sorry meant to say i did see something in the posts about the sillica bag (well i think it was) in the expansion tank splitting i did take a look and mine has this bag in so may try and get a plain one and swap out cheers lee :)