Order an S3, or wait?

The Cardinal

For the love of cars
Reaction score
I’ve had plenty of of A/S3’s over the years, the last being a rather tasty 2016 RS3 with Exclusive spec. Unfortunately I couldn’t get enough use from it, so I’ve been Audi-less in the last 9 months.

Long story short, I consolidated the RS3 and our runabout into one new car that my wife hated - so I sold that quickly and bought a stop-gap Golf mk7 GTD. It’s a good car, but since it’s 8 years old I’d like to plan a change.

Is the S3 a good buy at the moment? I was keen on a Golf as that’s what my wife likes - but they’re not as good value and we’d both prefer the Audi buttons in the cabin I think. I see there are some decent deals on new S3s, presumably as there’s a facelift coming? Can you actually order one as I find brokers can be a bit hit and miss with what they promise.

There seem to be quite a few new S3's on the Auto trader at the moment not sure if they are good value or not .
I still have my 19 plate S3 I"ve had from new and have been told by Audi the face lifted car will be March/April
so I am going to hang on and see if I like it before changing .

Is it even possible to order one at the moment? The configurator has been offline for a while here, and I recently checked the German site also, and it's the same there. If you go to "how to buy an A3" section in Finnish Audi website, it only offers the stock cars, and there's only one 30 TFSI remaining.

Feels quite early state to put the orders on hold, if the facelift isn't coming sooner than on March. RS3 hasn't been available here at all, I think we have totally two or three cars in whole Finland.

The S3 still available to order on the Uk/Ireland configurators , my Audi dealer says facelift won’t be here till Q3/Q4 2024.

Reactions: JKP