OBD Scanner

enc

Reaction score
I’m after a basic OBD scanner.
Been looking at

OBD ELEVEN

ANCEL vd700

From what I can gather the OBD Eleven seems to have more function capability though you need to buy “credits” to enable some of the functions.

Anybody advise, or alternatives?

Thanks.

I have tried them all, a lot depends on your model of car i.e age. For example on my 06 Audi A4 and RS4 I can do some basic functions which is not bad but I know on newer cars you can do a lot more, as you say some require credits.
From experience Carly is crap as despite getting the premium package I can do diddly squat on my car with it being an 06 but if you had a newer car again like the OBD eleven it may do more. As far as I am concerned the OBD 11 is the best out of the bunch

Reactions: enc
Having just come out of a years subscription with OBD11 I am thinking that it may actually be a false economy in that despite the annual subscription I had I still had to add credits to change certain features as I wished.

I'm considering just getting the 3 VIN VCDS package as opposed to re-subscribing to OBD11 as I need to get a new battery and perform the adaption for it. Unless I am missing something VCDS will be more cost effective over time?

Reactions: mikeRS and enc
I have tried them all, a lot depends on your model of car i.e age. For example on my 06 Audi A4 and RS4 I can do some basic functions which is not bad but I know on newer cars you can do a lot more, as you say some require credits.
From experience Carly is crap as despite getting the premium package I can do diddly squat on my car with it being an 06 but if you had a newer car again like the OBD eleven it may do more. As far as I am concerned the OBD 11 is the best out of the bunch
Thanks ST

Having just come out of a years subscription with OBD11 I am thinking that it may actually be a false economy in that despite the annual subscription I had I still had to add credits to change certain features as I wished.

I'm considering just getting the 3 VIN VCDS package as opposed to re-subscribing to OBD11 as I need to get a new battery and perform the adaption for it. Unless I am missing something VCDS will be more cost effective over time?
Not over keen on subscriptions tbh.
I think once I set things up they’ll pretty much stay in place. Thinking alarm on/off tone and simple stuff like that. I would need the occasional engine scan and service reset function

Can anybody confirm if ODB ELEVEN can reset service light.. not just oil light

Thanks