Audi S3 Prices

RS4K

Reaction score
Currently selling my Audi S3 in classifieds - https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/443835/ for £16,950. Its a good spec, good Audi history and low mileage but a got a lot of feedback on facebook groups that the pricing was high (originally i had it at £17,500) I took the feedback and dropped the price. However i found a big discrepancy between what the prices are on autotrader and what the people thought it was worth.

Can anyone who recently sold a similar car maybe message me how much they sold for so i can make sure i am fairly priced and/or someone with some experience maybe comment on the prices on autotrader which i think i am in the middle of not too high not crazy low.

Thanks

used car prices are high at the moment, officially if you sell privately just look at the asking prices on autotrader than take at least 1k off their price... alternatively look around and see what they go for on eBay... look at cars with similar mileage and same year and kit as yours... than you'll have a better idea on what the asking price should be...

PS if you have extra oem options that most don't have the price should be a bit higher like having a sunroof etc etc... you get the idea.
look for the standard trim here than look at used prices on that tab that states used prices ( that is if i selected the right model on parkers if i didn't select the right model and check the used price range)

Reactions: RS4K
used car prices are high at the moment, officially if you sell privately just look at the asking prices on autotrader than take at least 1k off their price... alternatively look around and see what they go for on eBay... look at cars with similar mileage and same year and kit as yours... than you'll have a better idea on what the asking price should be...

PS if you have extra oem options that most don't have the price should be a bit higher like having a sunroof etc etc... you get the idea.
look for the standard trim here than look at used prices on that tab that states used prices ( that is if i selected the right model on parkers if i didn't select the right model and check the used price range)
Yep that's kind of what I did, looked at similar cars of age, mileage and priced slightly lower in some cases. issue I found is that mine is much lower mileage than some that are selling for same or higher price, so I think I am competitively priced but I guess ill wait and see how it goes. Don't want to be stuck with it for months on end but at the same time don't want to let it go where I lose more than I already am losing/have lost :( due to putting money into new brakes/pads all round, servicing etc It was an unexpected sale, so someone will get a well cared for car.

Reactions: northpole
well you can get a free evaluation for your car of parkers... use that to get an average asking price. Also make sure you state the mileage, service history etc in your for sale add. you can't be any fairer than that... and if people still think it's to high than the car is not for them.... I like to buy cars as cheap as possible, rather not pay what they are worth as it always goes like that... you expect a certain amount but in reality it usually is at least 500 to 1k off the mark people are willing to part with. So sometimes it's best to trade in. especially with your car being just a few years old.

Reactions: RS4K
well you can get a free evaluation for your car of parkers... use that to get an average asking price. Also make sure you state the mileage, service history etc in your for sale add. you can't be any fairer than that... and if people still think it's to high than the car is not for them.... I like to buy cars as cheap as possible, rather not pay what they are worth as it always goes like that... you expect a certain amount but in reality it usually is at least 500 to 1k off the mark people are willing to part with. So sometimes it's best to trade in. especially with your car being just a few years old.
yep very well put, and i think reality is time will tell if i priced right but also its xmas time so sales can be slow. My car is a 63 plate so one of the older ones but it has Audi history, genuine low miles and a good spec so hopefully won't hang around long. Trade is way too low i'm afraid :(

Reactions: northpole
Have you checked what someone like Motorway would offer? That might give you some kind of backstop.

Have you checked what someone like Motorway would offer? That might give you some kind of backstop.
Yep i just completed it the other day, quite a long process, just wanted to see what the average trade is then can gauge private price from there better hopefully

I don't know if this helps - but I managed to find my old one on autotrader. I traded it in (I know, I know....) at the end of October.

63 plate like yours, full Audi service history etc. but only had 34k miles on the clock.

It was originally priced at £17,995 when I found it. Then dropped to £17,495 a couple of weeks ago. Now £16,995.

I'm half tempted to send them a message pointing out the mistakes in the listing! it's Estoril blue, not Navarra - also has LED headlights, not Halogen/Bi-Xenon Plus! :tongueclosed:

Prices seem all over the place for the s3. Was thinking of selling mine last month and was looking everywhere to gauge prices.
Mine is a 2018 black edition facelift with 42k, full Audi service history and a year left on the Audi warranty. One owner car(me). Prices seem to range from £19-25k and motorway offers were around £18k. Decided to keep it in the end.
Think these cars are getting on as they will be 5-10 years old so folk don’t want to throw a big chunk of change at an old car especially around Xmas.

Looks like we might have a sale lol.

Im reducing the price on mine as not had any interest so far in a week at all. Not in a rush.as im going away on Tuesday so unless.someone buys before that, it can wait it out for a while. Maybe better luck in new year

Reactions: northpole and AlS3BE
Don't blame ya pal for keeping the S3 the prices and Apr's on cars at the moment is crazy especially Audi which was 11.5% the last time I checked :cry:
Think the days of cheap cars and cheap finance is gone for good.
Same money I paid for my s3 new I can barely get a new 35tfsi a3. Apr on my s3 was less than half what it is now. Probably won’t even get a mid range ford focus for that money now :wink:
I don’t do much miles now with working form home most of the time so no point in an expensive lawn ornament. If it wasn’t Covid I probably would have had 2 new cars by now clocking 70-80k a year. Happy with s3 for the 5-6000 miles a year I do now. Also got a supercharged mini, for laughs and giggles , I’m going to track once I sort it out properly.

Reactions: JohnM100, Mr Freeze and northpole