Creaky suspension/bushes - advice please

ABS2788

Reaction score
So this weekend, my rs4 b8 started to develop a right creak when turning the steering more notcieable mainly towards the left at slow speeds; braking slowly I.e going over a speed bump.
At faster speeds, it’s not as noticeable but is there but during slow speeds, it’s like opening a rusty door etc.

I took it to kwik fit being only garage around me open on a Sunday and they put it on there ramp and sprayed silicone spray all over the top and bottom bushes.

However it’s still creaky unfortunately. There was no obvious signs of damaged bushes and I got the top and bottom arms replaced within 2 years.

Any ideas what it could be?

Does it make the noise when you are not moving, just turning the steering?
There is a problematic universal joint right at the bottom of the steering column (near your toes)

Yes, even standstill turning the steering it makes the creeking noise. Is it something easy to repair myself or for a mechanic only?

I decided to spray some silicone spray on the steering column behind the brake pedal turning the steering while doing this.
Not sure if I’m being too optimistic and without going for a test drive tomorrow but the creek when turning the steering right to left especially the left has gone or very minimal I couldn’t hear it compared to yesterday

Reactions: spartacus68
You could be lucky, difficult getting lube into the bearings for a permanent fix. Called the intermediate shaft part No. A8K2 419 753 F
Some pics attached, good luck!

Attachments

• A8K2419753F.jpg
    A8K2419753F.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 37
  • steering joint.jpg
    steering joint.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: audiwaterpump
Be careful with the silicone spray, if any gets on the brake pedal it could be lethal (slippy), too late now but hopefully you covered the pedal with a cloth first?

Well took it for a drive today and couldn’t hear a single creak when turning or the normal creaks it started to do all of a sudden.
There is a small creak when going over a speed bump very slowly but that’s been there for a while.
Wonder if the silicone spray kwik fit did and what I did yesterday may have absorbed overnight to help? Who knows but thanks for the input

Could be the ARB links, especially when you said going over a small bump. There are rubber bushes on the anti-roll-bar, and the links themselves that connect to the end of the ARB.

Silicone spray will just mask it for a little while.

Reactions: audiwaterpump