A3s with 18" & 19" OE wheels

K-Dash

Reaction score
Want to upgrade to 18"s

Could owners with VAG wheels on their A3s post a pic of their car to give me an idea of what looks good.

Thanks for replies.

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

18" S-Line 14 Spokes (BBS I think), which arent available any more..

Thanks,

so I take it very limited numbers were made and getting a set would be difficult?

I'm lowering mine yes.

That'll be the first thing I do.

Need to source springs and shocks first though. NO idea what to get in this german car community. lol used to french cars

Well its the sport 2.0 Tdi which I've been told has the sport suspension? which is lower than the SE etc.?

But i feel it needs another 30mm odd shaved from its height.

DSC00370.jpg

I want a proper reliable setup....but will the standard shocks be sufficient for a 30mm drop.

Can't afford a great deal so coilovers aren't an option.

Can anyone recommend a VAG fitter/suplier and fitter in the essex area.

Many Thanks.

K-Dash said:
Well its the sport 2.0 Tdi which I've been told has the sport suspension? which is lower than the SE etc.?

But i feel it needs another 30mm odd shaved from its height.

I want a proper reliable setup....but will the standard shocks be sufficient for a 30mm drop.

Can't afford a great deal so coilovers aren't an option.

Can anyone recommend a VAG fitter/suplier and fitter in the essex area.

Many Thanks.

Elite in Rainham should be able to sort you out with lowering. Maybe some Eibachs is they are made for an A3?

cool, thanks mate.

So is it wise to drop 30/35mm on standard shocks?

K-Dash said:
cool, thanks mate.

So is it wise to drop 30/35mm on standard shocks?

Sorry can't answer that, i'm still on my standard (s-line) setup and TBH looks and rides fine IMO. I think it will all depend on the size wheel/tyre you go for, 19's may rub if dropped severly and you use the car 4-up? Maybe sourcing a 2nd s-line setup could be an option?