Interesting info regarding rear vectoring diff.

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
In preparation for when I change the Magna clutch fluid.

There are some changes from what we are used to vs Haldex system

More drain plugs for one.

Number 1 and 4 are for the rear gear oil filling / draining.

Number 2 and 3 are filling / draining for the left side clutch oil which is now sold in 275ml bottles

Number 5 and 6 are draining / filling for the right side clutch oil, again it takes 275 ml

IMG 4826

IMG 4827

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drgav2005, flybynite, Basher (Peter) and 2 others
Makes sense I guess having two seperate clutches basically on the driveshaft side instead of just the one clutch before the differential

good Info :)

In preparation for when I change the Magna clutch fluid.
There are some changes from what we are used to vs Haldex system
More drain plugs for one.
Number 1 and 4 are for the rear gear oil filling / draining.
Number 2 and 3 are filling / draining for the left side clutch oil which is now sold in 275ml bottles
Number 5 and 6 are draining / filling for the right side clutch oil, again it takes 275 ml

If dealers managed to drain the rear diff on a Haldex service by mistake, just imagine what they can get wrong with this one!!

Reactions: 8YARWY
I had a quattro sport differential on my 2015 B8 S4: I did have the diff fluid changed during my ownership but not by a dealer. It was done by a trusted indie. Is this the same system or a newer, updated one?

I had a quattro sport differential on my 2015 B8 S4: I did have the diff fluid changed during my ownership but not by a dealer. It was done by a trusted indie. Is this the same system or a newer, updated one?

Similar, however the sports diff is controlled by a single motor and actuators that work the left / right clutch packs / overdrive.

The 8Y is 2 motors on each side that operate a worm drive on the clutch packs.

Reactions: jdp1962
On a separate note, where did you manage to get a copy of the workshop manual? I don’t suppose you know what the torque settings are for the steering wheel? :sweatsmile:

Same as this.

ac8a93ac767bab216d76ae8f01258435.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DW81 and drgav2005