Advice needed - Do I get a new turbo or get rid of the car?

Audno

Reaction score
The glowplug warning light is flashing on my dashboard, and since this has happened my car has lost power and takes ages to gain any speed, it's slow and sluggish. I got my car plugged in today, & apparently, it could be 3 things, but the mechanic thinks it's the turbo which will cost around 1k, haven't been given a proper quote yet. I'm not sure wether to keep my car and pay or look for something else. It's a lot of money to spend, do you think it's worth it? I don't mind if the car will go on for a few more years.
It's an Audi a3 2010, on approx. 145,000 miles

Do you like the car enough to spend out on it ?
You could sell it and buy something else and have problems too, its a difficult situation really .
Spending £1k on a repair may sound a lot but its not these days and if it resolves the problem and the car is worth keeping then what to loose by doing the repair.

good luck chap.

I'd be inclined to get a 2nd opinion and a proper diag scan and accurate quote and go from there.
Audi's can be fickle things and throw faults that can just be red herrings and owners end up paying more than they need to hence a good diag scan from a trusted garage.

What did the logs show in diag?

I'd be inclined to get a 2nd opinion and a proper diag scan and accurate quote and go from there.
Audi's can be fickle things and throw faults that can just be red herrings and owners end up paying more than they need to hence a good diag scan from a trusted garage.
Thank you, I will take it to the Audi Garage and see what they diagnose, the first garage hasn't got back to me yet and can't fix it until the end of jan..