Q5 Genuine or aftermarket side steps/running boards on 17 plate Q5

NL316

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the Q5 platform and really like the look of the ones with the running boards which mine doesn't have.

Is it worth shelling out on a genuine audi part or are there really good aftermarket versions people have used?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I've seen many comments on FB (one recently) where all the comments are 'they look nice but...'.

They get in the way, the make your clothes dirty, they add no functionality, etc etc. I pondered them and decided against. If I was buying them I'd go 3rd party as the choice is massive.

Reactions: 45bvtc and NL316
We went for aftermarket as wherent to keen on the Audi ones. They've been on the car coming up 3 years and have been amazing. More for the little ones getting in and out.

Not the best pictures but you can just about see them.
20230827 104335

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_083101_Instagram.png
    Screenshot_20230911_083101_Instagram.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20230911_083101_Instagram.png
    Screenshot_20230911_083101_Instagram.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: NL316
We went for aftermarket as wherent to keen on the Audi ones. They've been on the car coming up 3 years and have been amazing. More for the little ones getting in and out.

Not the best pictures but you can just about see them. View attachment 273528
Man!!! Your ride looks wicked! what's the make of your running boards please?

Reactions: Cooky0630
I would suggest aftermarket if you can find ones that don’t look cheap.

I managed to get a set of brand new OEM steps from an Audi dealership via eBay, for £380.00, for my SQ5. Personally I think they look great but I would not fit them again because they weigh a ton, so much more then I would have expected!

Reactions: NL316
I would suggest aftermarket if you can find ones that don’t look cheap.

I managed to get a set of brand new OEM steps from an Audi dealership via eBay, for £380.00, for my SQ5. Personally I think they look great but I would not fit them again because they weigh a ton, so much more then I would have expected!
Nice one bro! I'll have a look on ebay to see what's knocking around.

If anyone knows of any good aftermarket brands I should be looking at, please let me know.

Thanks

We got ours from the link below. They definitely don't look as expensive as genuine ones but they are the look we wanted. They've been great for 3+ years and haven't discoloured and are still solid on the car.

We got ours from the link below. They definitely don't look as expensive as genuine ones but they are the look we wanted. They've been great for 3+ years and haven't discoloured and are still solid on the car.

Appreciate it. I'll check them out.

Reactions: Cooky0630