Induction Kits - Do They Work?

SNRTBH

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro with DSG (5 door) and at the moment the only mods I have on the car is a pair of 2.5" stainless steel downpipes with built-in sports cats, which runs straight into a Miltek non-resonated Cat Back rear exhaust system. I am also using a K&N air filter.

Now don't get me wrong here, because yes, the car does sound really good as it is BUT I have been thinking about putting a Ramair SR-232 Induction kit on the car.

My question is will it actually make any difference, both in power, which I know will be minimal at best, and also add to the "growl" of my car?

From all of the reviews that I have read about these induction kits it seems as if 50% say yes, they are worth buying, yet the other 50% are saying it is a waste of money, as the car is already getting exactly the right amount of air that it needs, as it was set during the design of these V6 engines ? So I am now left thinking what to do?

If anyone has any "sensible" advice, then I would be very grateful to hear it, especially if you own a car, or have owned a car in the past, which either has or did have an induction kit installed, then what are your thoughts on these kits?

I wouldn't bother, stock one on the 3.2 is perfectly sufficient & you'll gain nothing unless you start seriously modifying the engine & on this block it's expensive given it's NA.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Appreciate the advice. I'm starting to think of not bothering with the kit as I keep reading exactly what you said.
I appreciate your comment though

It’s a lot of money to spend just to gain a bit more noise, the performance won’t increase to any noticeable level. I swapped out a K&N panel filter in the stock box for a full induction kit, I knew it was a waste of money at the time but still did it. Does sound nice but no performance increase at all.

so here’s my 3.2 with EVOMS CAI. it does not make any difference except it makes me smile so do what makes you happy knowing that may make you poor. yes I use an S3 badge. I’m a long time poser on this side of the pond

DSC 0560

Reactions: NHN
I bought a carbonio once for my A3 TDI, it was much worse than my OEM intake & sent it back, all show no blow lol, sometimes you have to be realistic that just cause it looks good (hidden under the bonnet which is why these things are so stupid to be worried about aesthetics as you'll see it once every blue moon ) it doesn't necessarily translate into better.

It's like these designer brands that make trainers, they're truly shxt, very uncomfortable & don't even come close to Nike etc, but people buy them expecting to walk on clouds, but they're rubbish, ends the analogy.

As you say do what makes you happy ;)

thanks for the advice, I have come to the conclusion that I will just leave it as it is for now.