Audi B8 Thermostat

spartacus68

Reaction score
I still have my B8 A4 Allroad, 75k miles. I'm going to put it through it's MOT next month then it's got to go.

I however have an issue that I want to resolve before selling it to avoid any issues with a prospective new owner. The cooling system. The car had a new timing belt and water-pump last year and it's been working faultlessly, however over winter temperatures have been below freezing, and as a result the temperature rarely reaches 90 degrees unless I'm on a long haul. I drove into work yesterday and it got to a maximum of 75 degrees. I can get hot air in the cabin, but suspect it could be hotter. It doesn't lose coolant.

More reading here: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/359714/

From a bit of research I think there are two thermostats on 2.0 TDI engines and a cooling valve. The Allroad is a 177PS (130Kw) CGLC engine.
03L121111AD (engine thermostat)
1K0121113A (inline thermostat)
1J0122351 (non return valve)

Is there a process please to identify what's not working? I have VCDS so can hook up if required.

03L121111AD (engine thermostat)
1K0121113A (inline thermostat)
Are they both supposed to open at the same temperature?

Update on this - spoke to main Audi parts last week and they know nothing about inline thermostat on their schematic. I think 1K0121113A was only related to B8 models with DSG gearboxes? Mine is manual 6-speed. Then I read this thread on Darkside Developments which says fits DSG and Non-DSG vehicles - but are they basically talking about auto-boxes! Confused! :help:

Model is A4 B8 CGLC engine code.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
"The car had a new timing belt and water-pump last year"

Did you change the cambelt yourself?