insurance for a modified car risk?

hemeldude

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying this 2018 Black Audi S4 3.0 TFSI quattro 354 PS tiptronic 4dr for sale for £24,999 in Bedford, Bedfordshire (autotrader.co.uk)
its modified on the outside the dealership have offered me 2 years free service, gap insurance and mot , but how do i know if its been mapped inside, 3 previous owners surely it has with looks like that its in great condition though? but they've now dropped the price by a few k and I think its because it's modified would this be a major issue getting it serviced or repaired for free during the 2 year warranty, surely the audi dealership can't lie to me or revoke the free warranty ? if their service techs find it to be modified at the next service?

I'm thinking of buying this 2018 Black Audi S4 3.0 TFSI quattro 354 PS tiptronic 4dr for sale for £24,999 in Bedford, Bedfordshire (autotrader.co.uk)
its modified on the outside the dealership have offered me 2 years free service, gap insurance and mot , but how do i know if its been mapped inside, 3 previous owners surely it has with looks like that its in great condition though? but they've now dropped the price by a few k and I think its because it's modified would this be a major issue getting it serviced or repaired for free during the 2 year warranty, surely the audi dealership can't lie to me or revoke the free warranty ? if their service techs find it to be modified at the next service?

S and RS don’t come with free service. It will only come with Warranty. If the car is tuned, then as soon as Audi connects to its system, it will flag the car as Td1. The diagnostic will have a time stamp showing when it was tempered with and reverted back to original.

If you go for warranty work and find out a Td1, it will be on them to prove the car was tuned prior to you buying it. Or you can get something from them in writing ask on them to provide either a scan or confirmation that the car isn’t tuned.

S and RS don’t come with free service. It will only come with Warranty. If the car is tuned, then as soon as Audi connects to its system, it will flag the car as Td1. The diagnostic will have a time stamp showing when it was tempered with and reverted back to original.

If you go for warranty work and find out a Td1, it will be on them to prove the car was tuned prior to you buying it. Or you can get something from them in writing ask on them to provide either a scan or confirmation that the car isn’t tuned.
I got an email saying this - from the saleman - would this be sufficient I dunno if I can trust the saleman ?

Hi ****,

I have just checked with my technician.

To confirm the car has not been mapped, in turn will not affect the warranty. Please take this email as confirmation.

Kind Regards,

I got an email saying this - from the saleman - would this be sufficient I dunno if I can trust the saleman ?

Hi ****,

To confirm the car has not been mapped, in turn will not affect the warranty. Please take this email as confirmation.

Kind Regards,

because it's under PCP they said i get free 2 years service though i suspect it will be the ultra basic service and doesn't cover the major service, that would suck i guess. anyway I will take what you have said and ask them! cheers​

Hi ****,

Kind Regards,

If I was you, I’d take this as a confirmation that it is not. Are there other cars out there will similar price tag and mileage etc that you can look at and be confident that these cars are not mapped.

If I was you, I’d take this as a confirmation that it is not. Are there other cars out there will similar price tag and mileage etc that you can look at and be confident that these cars are not mapped.
Yeah I had that feeling - indeed there is 1 more I'm looking at Jaguar Hull had a tradein and They're trying to sell it to me , the guy looks nice from the video and he was a former audi employee so he still has contacts there and found out the above car was an Import from Ireland, and it's only been serviced at 15k mileage by audi since then it's always been private servicing, the car is immaculate no dents and clean.

Anyway here's the other car its up north and they seem to say they can match the 2 year warranty, gap insurance and servicing, which is interesting and i can do it locally in herts, I guess I shouldnt rush into such a purchase I really do like the modified looking car it looks amazing and I test drove it, but man I don't want a car thats been ragged, but i do have the protection of 2 years PCP. I guess I could continue to look online or maybe just got for Audi A4 black edition 3.5 or so and not take a risk with such an expensive car.

Please click here to watch a short personal video presentation of the vehicle you’re interested in: https://video.citnow.com/vtXPkqBfkxC