Drivers door not opening

demus

Fire in the hole..
Reaction score
So this morning and a tiny bit frosty, unlocked and opened drivers door, started engine, opened rear door to put bag in, rinsed frost off windscreen, then the drivers door would not open, and the handle felt weak as if something had broken, could only open from the inside.
Got home tonight and tried it and it feels perfectly firm like the other door handles and opens fine!!. Is it haunted? Not frosty enough to freeze the doors closed by the way, I’ve had it in much worse frost…

Took my old B8 Allroad to work and it was very frosty, -4 degrees. On getting back to the car I decided to use air compressor on tyres and opened the rear door to access 12v supply and the door wouldn’t lock. The temptation is to be rough and try slamming it shut, but you risk damaging the lock. I ended up tying a scarf to the door handle and headrest to get home With cabin heaters on full blast.

Use a little PlusGas penetrating release on the lock mechanism and hopefully that fixes it.

So this morning and a tiny bit frosty, unlocked and opened drivers door, started engine, opened rear door to put bag in, rinsed frost off windscreen, then the drivers door would not open, and the handle felt weak as if something had broken, could only open from the inside.
Got home tonight and tried it and it feels perfectly firm like the other door handles and opens fine!!. Is it haunted? Not frosty enough to freeze the doors closed by the way, I’ve had it in much worse frost…
Did you wash you car in last couple of days ? If yes there is you answer Im fighting with mine since Christmas. They will be ok once temp raise enough

I had this. Audi diagnosed a faulty lock.