Turning off privacy start up message in MMI

A6 Avant

Reaction score
I always get this message on the MMI each time I turn on the car saying something about privacy settings and giving three options (something like ok, go to settings or turn off) but whichever one I press it does the same thing (the message just disappears and comes on again next time I start the car).

I previously worked out how to turn this off ages ago (or it eventually stopped appearing on its own) but I can't remember how I did it. I reset some settings in the MMI several months ago so the message came back and I now can't get rid of it again. Does anyone know how to turn it off please?

Here’s a picture of the message. Does anyone know how to permanently turn it off please?

Attachments

• 4F80B204-45CB-46DB-9F26-EC7C83381D3C.jpeg
    4F80B204-45CB-46DB-9F26-EC7C83381D3C.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 37
What pricacy settings have you set for yourself in the car? Also are you set as the Primary user? That message suggests you are either not logged in or your privacy settings are a the minimum so you can basically not do anything

What pricacy settings have you set for yourself in the car? Also are you set as the Primary user? That message suggests you are either not logged in or your privacy settings are a the minimum so you can basically not do anything

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, tracking and location services are turned off. The car’s data subscription has expired anyway so I don’t think I’m missing out on any functionality.

I’ve also got user profiles turned off so I assume that means I am set as the primary user by default?

I’ve tried turning user profiles on just to see if that might get rid of this startup message and no joy unfortunately.

Any other ideas for things I could try please?

I think, because you have tracking and location services turned off it sets your Privacy settings to minimum and therefore you get the pop up screen. Try turning them on and see what happens

I think, because you have tracking and location services turned off it sets your Privacy settings to minimum and therefore you get the pop up screen. Try turning them on and see what happens
Thing is, I was able to get rid of the message before without doing that. Also, if that works, it wouldn't really be a solution as I wouldn't want to leave tracking/location services turned on. I just cannot remember how I got rid of it before but there was definitely a way which is so frustrating.

I think it's a glitch as if you look at the message 'do not show' should surely mean it won't display the message anymore but I've clicked this many times and it doesn't go away.

I've also come across the below thread which seems like it's about the same issue on Audi Q4s (where the privacy message wouldn't go away). They seem to conclude it's a glitch and found a solution using obdeleven but I'm guessing that will only work on the Q4 and not the A6.

Last edited: