Anybody has the airbag recall done?

I spoke to my local Audi Dealer and booked me in for next Tuesday, and was told that no loan cars are available until August.?
I'm not happy about that so if no car I will delay until August.
I want to ask technical questions about what work is being carried out, worried about the remap that they might erase it,
Until now no one has called me.

I’ve had my letter too so will have to get this booked in and hopefully a courtesy car provided, nothing too flash just an R8 will do

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Avant
I’ve had my letter too so will have to get this booked in and hopefully a courtesy car provided, nothing too flash just an R8 will do
I presume the wording in the letter is the same as previously posted by Darren92?
Not had mine yet so holding off doing anything at the moment...

Had the letter arrive today. Same as everyone else, passenger side airbag. Already booked in for the end of the month. R8 courtesy car sound like the way forward to me

Reactions: Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
Looks like mine may need this too according to the dvla mot checker page. No letter yet, but i guess i could just phone aberdeen audi and see whats what.

Just curious if anyone has had the work carried out yet and anything to update us with

Not even had my letter yet.
I think the only letter I'll be getting anytime soon will be from Berkshire's finest.
Cash collector van - totally disguised as a Highway Maintenance van, even had the flashing white and orange LED beacons on the top flashing for added stealth tactics, amongst road work signs and cones. So sneaky they are.

It was at the top of the A33 just before you get to M4 Jct 11 near Reading. Opens up into 3 or even 4 lanes, yet is a 40mph limit....the only repeater sign was hidden...by the cash collector!
I had to look on Google street view for the speed limit. I wasn't doing anything silly, but I suspect over 40 yes.

Hopefully I'll be offered a speed awareness course as my last course was nearly 4 years ago. If my last course was within 3 years I think you just have to take the points / fine.

Maybe I'll be lucky, but man the tactics they use are just plain sneaky.

I had my A4 2007 A4 done a few weeks ago, was surprised to get the letter through the post considering the age but apparently its a common issue from this make and is across a few manufactures. the thought of potential airbag shrapnel flying through the air was a worry!

I haven't been to a main Audi dealer for a while as I don't have a spare £80+K to pick up a new RS4 etc or have any desire to take out a second mortgage to pay for servicing etc but was surprised (not surprised) at the lack of personal customer skills compared to what dealers use to have.

• If your not buying a new car I'm not interested
  • You have an old Audi so you are no considered a worthwhile customer
  • you are not paying for this service work so I couldn't care less about your custom
  • No I wont even offer you a coffee while you wait for 20 mins to have your key returned
  • yes you can no book in on line and drop your keys so we don't even have to converse with you
  • we will give you a free health check and clean - but not clean inside the car and give you a list of minor jobs that to not need doing that actually out ways the sum of the value of your car!
  • (£835 to change front discs and pads and £88 to replace a tyre with a re-moulded one we have out the back) - joke as it passed an MOT 1 week before
unfortunately dealers are not what they use to be and just clinical robots to the car market system,

but yes airbag changed successfully - Rant over

Reactions: Charlie Farley
And another one just now near Fleet. I had just turned on cruise control to annoy a space invader behind me at bang on 30 mph. Quarter of a mile up the road.....cash collector van.
This one was like what you'd normally see so fair play, and was only half obstructing the pavement this time. Double pushchairs, wheelchairs and mobility scooters - no chance. Yet, it's all about safety....isn't it?

Careful peeps....seems like 'tis the season....

I had my A4 2007 A4 done a few weeks ago, was surprised to get the letter through the post considering the age but apparently its a common issue from this make and is across a few manufactures. the thought of potential airbag shrapnel flying through the air was a worry!

I haven't been to a main Audi dealer for a while as I don't have a spare £80+K to pick up a new RS4 etc or have any desire to take out a second mortgage to pay for servicing etc but was surprised (not surprised) at the lack of personal customer skills compared to what dealers use to have.

• you are not paying for this service work so I couldn't care less about your custom
  • No I wont even offer you a coffee while you wait for 20 mins to have your key returned
  • yes you can no book in on line and drop your keys so we don't even have to converse with you
  • we will give you a free health check and clean - but not clean inside the car and give you a list of minor jobs that to not need doing that actually out ways the sum of the value of your car!
  • (£835 to change front discs and pads and £88 to replace a tyre with a re-moulded one we have out the back) - joke as it passed an MOT 1 week before
unfortunately dealers are not what they use to be and just clinical robots to the car market system,

Absolutely well said AT.
This is the trouble, now dealers are just pushed and pushed by the brand head office and their group head office to cram as much in as they can at every level - at the risk of losing bonusses etc if figures are not met.

Customers don't matter anymore and haven't for over a decade. The whole trade is now based entirely on greed.

Chuckle to yourself though...as an A4 now I doubt is built half as well as a B7.

It's seen as the chance to slate your car, worry you into something that's made up and kerching for the fools that fall for their rubbish.

was it a 2 hour job as they quote?

Absolutely well said AT.
This is the trouble, now dealers are just pushed and pushed by the brand head office and their group head office to cram as much in as they can at every level - at the risk of losing bonusses etc if figures are not met.

Customers don't matter anymore and haven't for over a decade. The whole trade is now based entirely on greed.

Chuckle to yourself though...as an A4 now I doubt is built half as well as a B7.

It's seen as the chance to slate your car, worry you into something that's made up and kerching for the fools that fall for their rubbish.
Absolutely and in some cases there are people who enjoy cars but don't necessary know how they work and rely and trust dealers to tell them the issues and will pay it thinking its needed.

For a laugh he's what they quoted@ my mistake £600 not £800 for pads and discs ! lol unfortunately there wasn't a F**K off tag next to the 'no thanks' or 'add to basket' tab.

0 recall cost and £1799.20 remedial works based on Audi service knowledge

I spoke to my local Audi Dealer and booked me in for next Tuesday, and was told that no loan cars are available until August.?
I'm not happy about that so if no car I will delay until August.
I want to ask technical questions about what work is being carried out, worried about the remap that they might erase it,
Until now no one has called me.

Update on my Airbag recall,
It's now booked in on 2nd July, that's when they can give me a loan car.
I ask technical question about Airbag replacement as the response was,

We will visually check the passenger Airbag for the manufacturer label, if its in the recall a new part will be ordered,
They will keep the car for at least 2 days, because of new part delivery.

Just got back from Sytner Nottingham Audi, they had the car for 2 hours for the initial check. Upon collecting they advised my car is affected, they have ordered the part and will be in touch to book in when it arrives.
1-2 days work as the glovebox and part of the dash has to come out. Not best pleased as it’s more time I don’t have spare but it needs doing.
I declined the courtesy wash and service estimate.

To be honest, I’ve heard so many conflicting stories on what actually happens. I’m not bothered as long as they put everything back properly and don’t mess with any of my cabling for the audio set up.

Its a free fix, well should be so if they break anything else or damage it they will be fixing it full, other than that what else can one do, better to get it done to be honest.

just double check your central locking on all the doors, mine didn't work properly and had to mess around when ii got home! sorted it out but just double check as the battery will be disconnected for the service,