Noob to Audi - Intro and help

LoCool

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked to find a group of like-minded car fans. Be great to learn from you as well. I bought a 2009 S5 V8 Audi a few days ago. Few errors bit of a risk. But if you know the car, you'll understand my logic. I've had a couple of issues and don't know much about Audi, so I'm not sure where to begin. I was hoping you would have come across these before. I looked using search and could not seem to find the answers I was looking for, so I'. wondering if anyone has an insight into them and possible fixes.

1. Possibly the most important. I have an error P0016 - Which is a Camshaft position warning. This becomes a possible timing chain replacement and or a tweak. Including all the guides and upgrade them at the same time.
1a. Does anyone know the cost of this being replaced? I'm guessing 24 hours of Labour at least Plus parts.
1b. Or is there an easier fix that someone knows of?

2. The stereo is missing something but I don't know what. Does anyone know what this might connect to in the boot stack? Everything else has a slot and I have them all connected, See the images attached.

3. I have lost power to the whole right-side head light. Is there a board or something that the whole power would run into anywhere I can find easily? I've checked the fuses inside the car and at the back. But not in the bay. not sure what's what or where yet. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this site or online to help me walk my way home. That would be great. Hope I can become a wealth of knowledge to share in turn some day. Thank sin advance.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 72
  • unknown male lead.png
    unknown male lead.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 33
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 33
  • stack.jpg
    stack.jpg