Difference between std suspension setups?

AlexRS3

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the different trim levels on the suspension height?

ie. how much lower is the sline from the se and sport etc???

I think

the sport is 15mm lower than standard SE

and the Sline is 25mm lower than standard SE

anyone else feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect

thanky guys, so if i was to get some springs any i got say 35 mm springs then the car would only drop 10mm (mine is an sline)?

Also is there any difference between the sline and s3 and if so what?

Alex2.0T said:
thanky guys, so if i was to get some springs any i got say 35 mm springs then the car would only drop 10mm (mine is an sline)?

Also is there any difference between the sline and s3 and if so what?
yeah, the s3 is a further 10mm lower than the s-line.

reason i ask is i like the way the S3 sits with the HR 25mm spings on and want to get sometheing similar. Looking at this though it would suggest that i need to lower 60mm as with those springs the s3 would be a total of 60mm lower than a std a3, but looking at my car would suggest that would be a lot lower at 60mm!

Depends how the suspension changes. The S3 may just sit lower due to skirts etc. It may not just be changed springs.

So question is:

Lower an S-Line with a 30mm kit. Will it only lower 25mm? Or will it lower a further 25mm.

I don't know how Audi done it. I'm curious about the A3 Sport on the same matter.

Crisis said:
Depends how the suspension changes. The S3 may just sit lower due to skirts etc. It may not just be changed springs.

So question is:

Lower an S-Line with a 30mm kit. Will it only lower 25mm? Or will it lower a further 25mm.

I don't know how Audi done it. I'm curious about the A3 Sport on the same matter.
nah, the sport comes with "sports suspension" which is 15mm lower than standard, the s-line comes with "sports suspension by quattro gmbh" which is 10mm lower than sport and the S3 then has "sports suspension - lowered" which is 10mm lower than s-line.

each car has different suspension levels as opposed to just having bigger skirts.

I can't say for sure, but presumably if you fit a 30mm kit to the S3 you are actually raising it by 5mm rather than lowering it by 30mm. somebody else may be able to clarify that one.