How much are S3 8V's worth?

RS4K

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently selling my car but not having much interest apart from a few that want to offer trade prices.

Would be good to ask people what they would expect pricing to be for my particular car so i can gauge if its way out of the appropriate range or not.

Any constructive opinions welcome

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/443835/

Thanks

K

Hello,

I am currently selling my car but not having much interest apart from a few that want to offer trade prices.

Would be good to ask people what they would expect pricing to be for my particular car so i can gauge if its way out of the appropriate range or not.

Any constructive opinions welcome

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/443835/

Thanks

K

Tough market at the moment

Insurance etc is doing performance cars no favours.

Yours comes in at 9k with WBAC and 12k with Carwow. I imagine a trader wanting 15/16k if retailing it so you may need to lower it to attract a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS4K
According to Autotrader they value it at £12,570 for a private sale, so your price is a bit high. I'd also say the overall condition doesn't look great in the pics with the curb'd alloys and the interior could use a bit of a clean (not meaning to sound rude!) just that at a higher price I'd be expecting it to be perfect.

I'd also maybe reword the advert as saying your office is 2 miles away would make me think it's all been driven lots of short 2 mile journeys which isn't ideal as the engine never get fully warmed up. I'd also suggest adding that it has a clean MOT with no advisories as that's a plus point, although again at a higher price I'd be expecting more than 4.5 months MOT remaining.

The modifications may also put a few people off as they may push the insurance up - and as 8YARWY said, insurance isn't great at the moment anyway.

Reactions: 8YARWY
According to Autotrader they value it at £12,570 for a private sale, so your price is a bit high. I'd also say the overall condition doesn't look great in the pics with the curb'd alloys and the interior could use a bit of a clean (not meaning to sound rude!) just that at a higher price I'd be expecting it to be perfect.

I'd also maybe reword the advert as saying your office is 2 miles away would make me think it's all been driven lots of short 2 mile journeys which isn't ideal as the engine never get fully warmed up. I'd also suggest adding that it has a clean MOT with no advisories as that's a plus point, although again at a higher price I'd be expecting more than 4.5 months MOT remaining.

The modifications may also put a few people off as they may push the insurance up - and as 8YARWY said, insurance isn't great at the moment anyway.
I think Autotrader guide price is way off you won't find one for sale of the same offering unless it is a cat n/s.

Yeah i get the curbing and interior might need work but its not that bad in real life and i kept price low to account for any bits that might need work.

On my wording i think i will change it up, as i was trying to say i do low miles because i work from home 5 days a week and on odd occaison go into the office and its only 2 miles away.

The mods didn't increase insurance for me.surprisingly with Admiral but maybe i was lucky.

Currently it’s the most expensive 63 plate on there however there are several other cars being offered by dealers with some nice options (e.g pano roof) & similar milage / age but with 12 mths MOT and in some cases with a warranty too for similar money which make them more attractive to buyers.

The alloys look like they have previously been repainted and are going to need a full refurb. Getting these fixed and put a new mot on it would make it more attractive but if you want a quick sale then you might want to consider reducing it further.

Reactions: RS4K
Currently it’s the most expensive 63 plate on there however there are several other cars being offered by dealers with some nice options (e.g pano roof) & similar milage / age but with 12 mths MOT and in some cases with a warranty too for similar money which make them more attractive to buyers.

The alloys look like they have previously been repainted and are going to need a full refurb. Getting these fixed and put a new mot on it would make it more attractive but if you want a quick sale then you might want to consider reducing it further.
Yeah i see what you mean, I was looking at the low miles, spec and service pack etc to overpower the fact that it is a 63plate but maybe that means more to people than it does to me. I can put a fresh MOT on for new buyer of course as it passed last time no advisories and i recently did new brakes front and back so it should be all clear again. Perhaps i will lower price to account for these things.

Reactions: Frizzley
I am currently having the same dilemma trying to sell my 2018 FL Ara Crystal blue fastback! Been quoted way less than the average list price for a category car!