Range - does it get better?

SamR92

Reaction score
Took delivery of a TFSIe 3 weeks ago, quoted fully electric range is 37mi. However after a full charge, I’ve never seen range above 30mi. Usually about 23-27mi.

Car has only done 350 miles so far, of which about half of that has been town driving in fully EV mode. Should I expect it to get better over time, or are quoted figures way off?

Quoted range always take with pinch of salt, I'm not surprised at all by this, it's not far of & driving styles will change that anyway, I wouldn't sweat too much over this.

Mine's 2 years old now and quoted range never varies much between 37-39 and sometimes in very cold weather, 34.

The best I have actually managed when driving is 42 under perfect conditions (temp 20 deg, no wind, 50-60 limits with plenty of coasting. )

Mine's 2 years old now and quoted range never varies much between 37-39 and sometimes in very cold weather, 34.

The best I have actually managed when driving is 42 under perfect conditions (temp 20 deg, no wind, 50-60 limits with plenty of coasting. )
That’s much better than I'm getting! Which drive select mode do you drive in? and is the a/c on normally?

Had hoped my 40 mile round trip to work and back would have allowed me to pretty much use EV mode only, however on my first attempt I didn’t even get to car park before the battery was empty!

I know winter can reduce the mileage, but nearly half seems excessive!

A cold start in colder weather takes the most out of the battery I find. I think this must be something to do with the gearbox warming up.

I am so happy to have opted for a Merc rather than this brand as only after having it I found a third disappeared during cold weather, have you tried pre climate ? I warm the car up whilst plugged in and it extends the range...did manage to get 47 on a 44 mile once.

Weather seems to have a big impact - showing range today as 34mi, which is highest I’ve ever seen it. But it has been 10 degrees the last few days compared to the low single digits.

No ability to precondition just now - Car is connected to a Zappi charger that is controlled by my energy provider to get cheap electricity and they don’t yet support an additional boost out of the cheap times to precondition