6 years owned time to soon sell (sadly) - but need some help if poss

Ryan-80-London

Reaction score
Hi all - was on these forums a long time ago when I had stronic issues, then bought myself a manual and touch wood been superb for the past 6 years.

Trouble is I'm struggling to realistically know the value of my car, as there never seems to be any for sale on auto trader each time I check. And from what I've read in the past this version I have was fairly sought after, so don't want to undersell

If anyone can kindly give me a rough guide price wise if possible at all?

2014 Audi A3 - Sline with black pack (dechromed all black details basically as I'm sure you know)
5 door - 2 litre, 184bps Diesel - manual
It pretty much looks like a black edition, with the same dark smoked 10 spoke alloys, or is the black pack / black edition the same thing??
74k miles

In tip top condition, each time Audi collect for it's yearly MOT the guy always comments how it's like a new car despite it's age.

Only reason I'm now looking to sell is having moved home near to my son, I hardly at all if ever now drive on motorways. Literally 20mins up the road now, versus my old routine of long motorway journies.

I LOVE the car, don't want to sell it at all, but conceious of the diesel DPF being blocked

I'm not a car person so forgive me, but I'm fairly sure it's not good to be driving a diesel on short journies all the time.

Looking at new cars they all seem to be automatic stronics, which scares me having owned an Stronic with a mechatronic failure, but luckily only had the car 1 month before handing it back. Manuals are hard to come by it seems

But basically any rough guides or calculators on line ? I try to find examples on auto trader, but there never seems to be a manual 184 2 litre diesel black edition

Thanks

Last edited:
I mean you can filter your search down pretty far on Autorrader so you’re only left with a handful of very similar cars. Pretty easy to gauge a price from that. You’ll know you’ve priced it too high if you still have it a few months down the line.

I would keep it, the cost of selling and buying another far out weighs the cost of a dpf clog. My old vivaro does only stop start short trips and thats never been a problem. whatever you get these days is on a losing battle against the greens, it takes an hour of pretty much constant 4k revs at the MOT to get my small cat S3 through the MOT in fact they now charge me £40 extra because they know it needs to be near glowing red and takes 1/2 hour longer :)
The point is most of its trips are under 20 miles so it never meets the green thing in general use, its all about passing an MOT whatever you have.

thanks guys - managed to find just the one on autotrader, same year with a dealer selling for 9500 with 10k more miles at 84k miles - otherwise everything else looks pretty much the same just lesser mileage on mine

But then actually another - same year, 51k mileage - for £13k - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...m=2014&year-to=2017&zero-to-60=6_TO_8&fromsra

So if the 84k mileage is 9500
51k mileage is 13k
Mine being 74k - maybe £10k roughly

Going to keep it for another year maybe two at most, got the rear shock absorbers replaced last year so want to make the most of them. Thanks very much for checking

Reactions: ahtcap