Square to Staggered Set up

ClubSandwich

Reaction score
Evening folks,

Hoping someone can help

My 2019 RS3 sportback currently has the square set up, non staggered and 235/35 tyres all around.

I’ve seen a set of OEM staggered blade wheels for sale (et49 and et53).

Can I just swap them over with no Haldex issues? I think they currently have 235/35/19 tyres all around, presuming I’d need to change two of these for the rolling radius

Don’t want to mess around with spacers or the like - just wondering if it’s a straight forward swap over

Many thanks
Dave

Evening folks,

Hoping someone can help

My 2019 RS3 sportback currently has the square set up, non staggered and 235/35 tyres all around.

I’ve seen a set of OEM staggered blade wheels for sale (et49 and et53).

Can I just swap them over with no Haldex issues? I think they currently have 235/35/19 tyres all around, presuming I’d need to change two of these for the rolling radius

Don’t want to mess around with spacers or the like - just wondering if it’s a straight forward swap over

Many thanks
Dave

I ran the wider rotors with 235 tyres on my old 8V FL for 3 years, never had an issue.

8.5 J front takes the 235 no problem.

Never had any Haldex issues in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran the wider rotors with 235 tyres on my old 8V FL for 3 years, never had an issue.

8.5 J front takes the 235 no problem.

Never had any Haldex issues in that time.

Thanks, was that with the 8.0 J on the rear?

Saloon or sportback? ET53 offset ok for the sportback?

Cheers

Hatch is ET53

23eaff2978893b94c18c22894db4e2cf.jpg

Reactions: ClubSandwich

It is exactly the opposite, to have the proper rolling radius leave the 235/35 all round and you will have no issues.

If you want to run the correct staggered 255/30 tyre on the front 8.5 then you need to be a bit careful with what tyre you choose.

Reactions: ClubSandwich