Direct tpms system?

Adrian1871

Reaction score
so had a tyre pressure warning light on didn't display exactly which tyre was low so i pumped them all up too spec reset on mmi was disappointed it did not display each tyre unlike some peoples mmi,Had a look on my audi app spec list is states direct toms system? bk too wheels look like the have sensors in and front look like standard valves so i'm confused as too what system the car has or if its just been deactivated ?

The MyAudi app for my car also states that it has the direct system, but it has the system that uses the ABS sensor to detect changes in rolling circumference and hence pressure. Seems as if the terminology may have got lost in translation. The S6 Vorsprung says it comes with Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring High and I think this is the version that uses the sensors in the valves. Cars with the advanced system show the actual current pressure of each tyre in the MMI display.

One change from my 2019 car to my 2021 car is that in the earlier car it just said a tyre had the wrong pressure but no hint as to which one. The newer car tells you which tyre has the different pressure, maybe a change caused by the move from MIB-2 to MIB-3?