Can I clear airbag light with VCDS?

A7mag3ddon

Reaction score
Hi, I have an airbag light on the dash, for 2 weeks it would come on and I would stop the car turn off the engine and restart and it would go.

This week it's come on and won't go off. When reading the the code it says 65535 Internal Control module memory error - intermittent.

I've seen tools online to reset it but as the car came with the software and laptop to read codes I figured I'd give it a go.

Clicking clear codes/faults isnt doing anything.

I can buy a second hand module for £15 off eBay but I've read it's a ****** to get to.

Any help to get this old little Audi going again would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I have an airbag light on the dash, for 2 weeks it would come on and I would stop the car turn off the engine and restart and it would go.

This week it's come on and won't go off. When reading the the code it says 65535 Internal Control module memory error - intermittent.

I've seen tools online to reset it but as the car came with the software and laptop to read codes I figured I'd give it a go.

Clicking clear codes/faults isnt doing anything.

I can buy a second hand module for £15 off eBay but I've read it's a ****** to get to.

Any help to get this old little Audi going again would be appreciated.

Thanks
You have a problem with the airbag control module https://www.google.com/search?q=655...error+-+intermittent&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 google is our friend http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/65535

Neither of those tell me if/ how to clear the module error though I've already tried Google and rosstech.

Last edited:
You will be able to clear with genuine Vcd's but it will probably come back until you really get the real problem fixed

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What was the actual fault returned from vcds?
Vcds (including lite) / obdeleven and vagcanpro can clear the airbag light with the exception of the 65535 code which essentially means that the software cannot communicate with the module.. if the error is like "resistance too high" is usually a matter of disconnecting, cleaning and reconnecting the yellow connector under the seat being complained about.. and you'll find it can come back when the seat is moved..

I'm surprised you said that the light disappeared on is own, that's not supposed to happen once its on it stays on.. if no fault is returned when scanned maybe it has been a dashpod fault?

With the error code 65535, ebay / amazon air bag clearing tools have been known to work as they do a hard reset on the module rather than accessing the module and clearing the fault...